Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton: Do I Ever See Third Fight With Santa Cruz Happening? To Be Honest, No

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frampton: Do I Ever See Third Fight With Santa Cruz Happening? To Be Honest, No

From the moment he was dealt his first career defeat, Carl Frampton has wanted nothing more than a shot at redemption. It was a courtesy extended to Leo Santa Cruz, whom Frampton defeated in July 2016 to win the featherweight title after having unified two titles at junior featherweight. The two entered an immediate rematch six months later, with Santa Cruz (37-1-1, 19KOs) avenging his lone career defeat with a 12-round decision win in their January 2017 sequel.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah that was a b***h move by Leo. He lost to Frampton, begged for the rematch and got one right away. Won the rematch and bailed instead of agreeing to a rubber match. Not really surprising though. Based on how blatantly he ducked Rigo and his level of opposition, chasing real challenges has never been Leo's thing.

Comment

I honestly see Frampton descending on free fall speed. Frampton would lose a third fight in a bad way. I like Frampton but I'm afraid his far from his best days.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanStyle#1 View Post
        I honestly see Frampton descending on free fall speed. Frampton would lose a third fight in a bad way. I like Frampton but I'm afraid his far from his best days.
        Never mind far from his best days; if Frampton got an immediate third fight back then, he would have still lost. Santa Cruz had the perfect game plan for the second fight. I’m not sure Frampton could have done much to adjust to it for another go.

Comment

Working...
        X