No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrew Tabiti Reflects On Sparring With Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andrew Tabiti Reflects On Sparring With Anthony Joshua

Former cruiserweight title challenger Andrew Tabiti (17-1) had a roller coast 2019 campaign. The Mayweather Promotions' promoted fighter suffered a devastating knockout loss in the World Boxing Super Series in June against Yuniel Dorticos.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tabiti answer this then!

Why in the hell you get knocked out by a Cruiserweight then?

I’m Just Saying

Comment

The fight with Dorticos came before the sparring with Joshua.

So presumably he has learned and gotten better.

Comment

Tabiti fights like he is a bit unsure of himself and is too hesitant to pull the trigger at times. He needs to gain some confidence or else he will be the same type of fighter the rest of his career. Maybe sparring a beast like Joshua boosts his confidence.

Comment

So is that your final answer

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

As a dam sparring partner they don’t get better they get abused!

Comment

The thing is, He trains at the Mayweather Gym. The fake bravado you need to have there doesnt transfer to the ring

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
              Why in the hell you get knocked out by a Cruiserweight then?

I’m Just Saying
              Because sparring is sparring and a fight is a fight. Cruiserweights spar heavyweights all the time and it can make them better but it doesn't mean they are going to blow out their competition just because they had a good spar with a heavyweight.

Comment

Tabiti's biggest problem is he tries to fight like a cruiserweight Floyd which is ridiculous. He's undersized at cruiserweight anyways but he still tries to fight at range and move around and use the jab to keep range against taller, more mobile opponents like Dorticos which is ludicrous. He needs to work on his mid range and inside game if he's going to have any success at the top level.

Comment

Tabiti needs to stay at Cruiserweight is all I know

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I hope so, Tabiti's a good fighter but he's smallish even a Cruiser and I've seen mention that he's considering a move to Heavyweight which makes zero sense to me. Ideally I reckon he'd fit bestter at 175 but it's hard to imagine a dude at his kinda age making that cut... (although the 6'3" Vlasov did recently after nearly 5 years at Cruiser so it ain't impossible) Thing is Tabiti's slippery and skilled but not enough to overcome the advantages in reach and power the bigger cruisers got, yet alone the heavies. Wish him well though, whichever path he takes. Got a a lotta time for Andrew, but I just can't see a route to him having a lot of success whatever he does... like I say LHW might be his best option.

Comment

Working...
                    X