Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Blair Cobbs Details His Perseverance During Very Tough Times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Blair Cobbs Details His Perseverance During Very Tough Times

By Shaun Brown - Blair Cobbs knows a thing or two about perseverance. The unbeaten 30-year-old (14-0-1, 9 KOs) has faced the kind of trials and tribulations that would make Hollywood sit up and take notice, but a two-hour film wouldn't be enough time to tell the whole story. The passing of his mother and grandmother early on in his life, learning how to box...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Regardless of how good or bad you might think Blair is in the ring there is no denying he has a interesting story & is a fun personality. I wish him the best inside & outside of boxing.

Comment

This guy is a character.

Comment

He laughs in the face of the death. Ha. Hard not to cheer for a guy who seems like one of your crazy friends that took up boxing on a dare.

Comment

I can almost guarantee that the majority of this third world country fighters have stories with much bigger struggles to tell. Struggles are more than real for third world country fighters. Not saying this guys story is not interesting but just pointing out the obvious. Never understood why Fighters like Azuma Nelson, Julio Cesar Chavez Sr., Rosario, Nelson, never ever had a Hollywood movie.

Comment

He's entertaining. Partly becaise you know as soon as he meets anyone proficient in the ring, he's getting goomed.

Comment

Does anybody know the name of that white boxer from Ohio or Philly that had a lot of tattoos and he was either on drugs or in and out of jail and his record was like 40-0 or 39-0 or something like that and he fought nothing but bums. I think his name started with a V.

Comment

Yes ring magazine did a article on the guy back in there Feb issue I beleive. But even as most people who have seen him fight have noticed he needs to work on his skills now. His trainers mentioned he needs to listen to us, he makes us look bad like we are not doing our job. Stuff like that says a lot about where he is at in his pro carraer. "29 year old prospect" time is vital. Has a story that will play well in boxing but will not mean a thing to the guy who went thru his own hell to get a chance to advance. That story is a great motivaton great thing to push a person forward. We will see how he uses it if boxing ever gets back to the bright lights and crowds again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_***** View Post
                  He's entertaining. Partly becaise you know as soon as he meets anyone proficient in the ring, he's getting goomed.
                  Goomed Lol

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                    Does anybody know the name of that white boxer from Ohio or Philly that had a lot of tattoos and he was either on drugs or in and out of jail and his record was like 40-0 or 39-0 or something like that and he fought nothing but bums. I think his name started with a V.
                    Sounds like Spadafora

Comment

Working...
                    X