Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute: I Was Never The Same Boxer After The Fight With Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bute: I Was Never The Same Boxer After The Fight With Carl Froch

From November 2003 to May 2012, former world champion Lucian Bute was regarded as one of the best fighters in the sport. That all changed he traveled overseas and stepped in the ring with Carl Froch on May 26, 2012.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Credit Froch who did this in his very next fight after losing almost every round to Ward.

Comment

Not surprised.

That was one hell of a beat down.

Comment

Froch is underrated....big time

Comment

Bute lost long before this, I will never forget his 20 second count vs Andrade.

Comment

What was bute talking when he was talking about going up in weight to fight froch. It was at 168.

Comment

Froch JUst took it to him!!
              It was awesome

Comment

Don’t worry bud. Groves, Kessler, Mack, and Taylor were never the same after fighting Frochy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchip View Post
                  Don’t worry bud. Groves, Kessler, Mack, and Taylor were never the same after fighting Frochy too.
                  Groves went on to win a belt, Kessler beat Froch in their 1st fight and the 2nd fight was not a beatdown, I don't even know why you brought up Yusef Mack and Taylor was never the same since the Pavlik fights.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                    What was bute talking when he was talking about going up in weight to fight froch. It was at 168.
                    I thought he was referencing his fight with Pascal.

Regardless, it takes some humility for a fighter and champion to be as forthright about a loss as Bute was this, I remember watching it and thought it would be competitive. It wasn't . Froch walked thru everything Bute had to offer and beat him down mercilessly. The Bute/Pascal fight was lackluster, you could see there was no animosity inside or outside the ring between the two.

Comment

Working...
                    X