Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Insane Purses Will Go Back To Normal When We Boxing Returns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Insane Purses Will Go Back To Normal When We Boxing Returns

Robert Garcia has braced himself for the economic impact the COVID-19 pandemic will have on boxing trainers. He hopes fighters also realize that the sport won't be as flush with cash for them as it was before the coronavirus crisis brought boxing to a halt last month. Garcia discussed the financial toll this lengthy layoff could have on the sport during a recent episode of SiriusXM's "Ak And Barak" show.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tell that to your brother.

Comment

It's an hard slog for some boxers. I feel for them only earning 5m instead of 15m+. How they're going to get through this I don't know...It's just a bummer..

Comment

Originally posted by Bunch Pag View Post
        It's an hard slog for some boxers. I feel for them only earning 5m instead of 15m+. How they're going to get through this I don't know...It's just a bummer..

Yep. No gate = pay cut. It'll be interesting to see how this goes. The rush the spend money foolishly to win the platform wars most likely comes to a halt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Yep. No gate = pay cut. It'll be interesting to see how this goes. The rush the spend money foolishly to win the platform wars most likely comes to a halt.
          Definitely interesting viewing from the outside indeed..

What timescale do you give it before they try sneaking prices back up and claiming they can't arrange fights because of it?

Hopefully it's a reality check for a few and they get the deals done on fights we want to see = unified fights regardless of who they're attached to....

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Your absolutely right
            Maybe this will somewhat humble the platform wars

Originally posted by Bunch Pag View Post
            Definitely interesting viewing from the outside indeed..

What timescale do you give it before they try sneaking prices back up and claiming they can't arrange fights because of it?

Hopefully it's a reality check for a few and they get the deals done on fights we want to see = unified fights regardless of who they're attached to....

I actually think many of these fighters will use this as an additional excuse to not fight at the moment
            It’ll take a couple of years to get back to normal , not sure some fighters realize that and they will chit away their careers , they do it now so ???

Comment

I’ve been saying it for months that boxers now are overpaid. This could be the beat thing to happen to the sport and humble these primadonnas and remind them that if they want big money they need to take big risks

Comment

More grammar errors.

Comment

I don’t understand why people complain about what boxers make nowadays. At the end of the day these guys risk their health and life every time they get in the ring just to entertain us, and so they need to be compensated for that. Don’t like that fighter or their next fight? Don’t watch it. Nobody is forcing you to to see them. Watch the guys you like and don’t watch the guys you don’t like. Simple as that.

I guess nowadays we live in a world where a lot of people have that “crabs in a bucket” mentally of hating on anyone and everyone that’s doing well but that attitude never got anyone anywhere in life.

Promoters in the past were crooks and a lot of great fighters ended up/and still are broke. If you’re a true fan of the sport you should be happy that the top fighters nowadays are being paid what they’re worth because boxing is a brutal sport and you can die in the ring so the top guys deserve to make a lot of money.

Comment

Insane is not the word we are looking for. It’s called inflation.

Muhammad Ali earned 2.5 million for his fight against George Foreman in 1974. Adjusted for inflation that’s roughly 13 million today

That’s nearly a typical Pacquiao purse.

Comment

Working...
                    X