Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Made The Porter Fight A Lot Harder Than It Was Supposed To Be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence: I Made The Porter Fight A Lot Harder Than It Was Supposed To Be

One of the most important improvements Errol Spence Jr. has committed to making since surviving his scary car accident is to avoid adding too much weight between bouts. Spence estimates that he was 189 pounds when he began a nine-week training camp for his welterweight title unification fight against Shawn Porter seven months ago. Entering camp that heavy forced the 5-feet-10 Spence to lose 42 pounds prior to their weigh-in and, according to Spence, impacted his performance during a 12-round fight he won by split decision September 28 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"You always got some excuse."

Comment

Errol Spence is as much a weight-bully as Kell Brook. Errol, you were walking around 42 pounds over the welterweight limit? Its a good thing that the IBF cut the morning weight checks for unified world-title fights, otherwise Shawn Porter would of been the IBF-WBC champion right now.

Comment

Boy got an excuse for everything

Comment

Errol “you know” Spence

Comment

Porter made the Porter fight harder than it was supposed to be. That dude is a game fighter no matter who he is fighting. Spence did prove he can fight Porters fight and hang in there though

Comment

Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post
              Errol “you know” Spence
              Said it about 100 times

Comment

Shawn "in your face" Porter made it hard than it was supposed to be

Comment

Porter is just that guy nobody has an easy night with, to beat him you have to go to the well.

Comment

How the fuk did he weigh 189 pounds.

That should be in the title of the story.

I mean I never seen him look chubby inbetween fights.

Spence is freaking huge and should move up already. I wonder how much he weighs on fight night. Now that he has 2 belts, he is not required to do the 10lbs same day weight limit due to IBFs newer rules

(https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...d-title-fights)

Comment

Working...
                    X