Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Banks Explains Why Klitschko Let Joshua Off The Hook After Sixth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Banks Explains Why Klitschko Let Joshua Off The Hook After Sixth

Johnathon Banks, who at the time was the head trainer for Wladimir Klitschko, reflected back to April 29, 2017 - when his boxer collided with Anthony Joshua in a heavyweight unification, before a crowd of 90,000 fans at Wembley Stadium in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

In this case Klitschko should have listened to Banks. Not to his brother.

That's why you should only have one voice in the corner.

Comment

"I advised Wladimir not to rush anything. I had hoped that after the seventh, the eighth round... Joshua would really slow down. Now I think that maybe it was a mistake, maybe it was necessary to finish him off sooner." - Vitali

"I advised GGG not to rush anything with Canelo. I figured, and Loeffler did as well...oh and Eddie Hearn... that we could all milk out GGG and make money for ourselves. Besides, GGG’s been gullible throughout the years on whom he should be fighting (with the help of HBO) that he basically doesn’t think twice when we pitch a trajectory that benefits us all to make money. With Szeremeta I can make my fee and we can continue fighting until GGG’s ends his contract. Should we have lost to Canelo by let’s say KO, then I’d probably be blamed for it all and been sacked. Perhaps GGG’s multideal would be damaged as well should Gennadiy get seriously injured. I need to make my cut at all costs anyways so we do what I say...no actually it’s Hearn and Loeffler whom do the matchmaking.” - Banks
      Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 04-30-2020, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        In this case Klitschko should have listened to Banks. Not to his brother.

That's why you should only have one voice in the corner.
        Damn right. You gotta decide who you want there for right or wrong, but getting mixed messages during the fight is a recipe for disaster.

FWIW I think many of us were puzzled by the way Wlad seemed to take his foot off the gas, but TBF I wouldn't have said at the time it was unreasonable advice from Vitali. I too thought Joshua would struggle moving all that muscle over 12 rounds, but I also think that if you got the opportunity to finish a guy you better damn well take it, cos you never know what's round the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Al..varez View Post
          "I advised Wladimir not to rush anything. I had hoped that after the seventh, the eighth round... Joshua would really slow down. Now I think that maybe it was a mistake, maybe it was necessary to finish him off sooner." -Banks

"I advised GGG not to rush anything with Canelo. I figured, and Loeffler did as well...oh and Eddie Hearn... that we could all milk out GGG and make money for ourselves. Besides, GGG’s been gullible throughout the years on whom he should be fighting (with the help of HBO) that he basically doesn’t think twice when we pitch a trajectory that benefits us all to make money. With Szeremeta I can make my fee and we can continue fighting until GGG’s ends his contract. Should we have lost to Canelo by let’s say KO, then I’d probably be blamed for it all and been sacked. Perhaps GGG’s multideal would be damaged as well should Gennadiy get seriously injured. I need to make my cut at all costs anyways so we do what I say...no actually it’s Hearn and Loeffler whom do the matchmaking.” - Banks

You misattributed the first quote, man. If you read the article more carefully that was a quote from Vitali not Banks.

The piece of fiction you include next is quite witty however, although potentially libelous I'd imagine.

Comment

"I advised Wladimir not to rush anything. I had hoped that after the seventh, the eighth round... Joshua would really slow down. Now I think that maybe it was a mistake, maybe it was necessary to finish him off sooner." -Banks

Your first quote, I don't believe was Banks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitali Klitschko
              "I advised Wladimir not to rush anything. I had hoped that after the seventh, the eighth round... Joshua would really slow down. Now I think that maybe it was a mistake, maybe it was necessary to finish him off sooner."

I'll say. Anthony Joshua was in worse condition in the fifth, in spite dropping Wladimir with a left-hook and a flurry in the same round. As I replayed the fifth round, I noticed how impressively fast Joshua's punches were ; the energy that Joshua spent ( which forced Wladimir to the mat ), must of emptied A.J's gas-tank.

It appears that Anthony Joshua had more energy in the sixth-round to defend against Wladimir Klitschkos assault, after 'Dr Steel Hammer' dropped Joshua with that devastating trademark straight-right-hand. Just look at how A.J was bouncing and moving around the ring for survival, compare that to the way he ( Joshua ) was leaning against the ropes in closing minute of the fifth round.

Final note, Wladimir Klitschko and Andy Ruiz hurt Joshua when they appeared to be vulnerable coming off the floor ; perhaps A.J underestimated the old-man and the chubby Snicker-bar eating massive underdog, Anthony got away with it once, but paid the second time -- will Anthony underestimate Kubrat Pulev?
              Last edited by 1hourRun; 04-30-2020, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Nah, Klitschko was just old. His timing and conditioning had both diminished by the time he fought Joshua in 2017. Had he been a version of his younger self; Then perhaps he could have stopped him because AJ was very gassed and winded by that point of the fight. However, Wladimir tried though but was unsuccessful.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                  You misattributed the first quote, man. If you read the article more carefully that was a quote from Vitali not Banks.

The piece of fiction you include next is quite witty however, although potentially libelous I'd imagine.
                  Was a copy and paste rush. Do realize that most of my posts are from my iphone. To grab, select, copy and paste and to sometimes not include the code bracket is at times difficult, or perhaps it's just my thick fingers. Also to grab code from Youtube you always have to hit ''desktop mode'' on webpages since everything today resets to mobile mode. I meant to include only the fiction with Banks and forget to change the first paste to Vitali. At the end of the day, my balls are still sweaty.

Comment

Was a copy and paste rush. Do realize that most of my posts are from my iphone. To grab, select, copy and paste and to sometimes not include the code bracket is at times difficult, or perhaps it's just my thick fingers. Also to grab code from Youtube you always have to hit ''desktop mode'' on webpages since everything today resets to mobile mode. I meant to include only the fiction with Banks and forget to change the first paste to Vitali. At the end of the day, my balls are still sweaty.
                    I hear ya man, I got big fat shovels for hands courtesy of my old man. Makes trying to do anything on my phone a fkn nightmare... posting on here for one, but trying to play damn chess on my old 5" Sony?...
                    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 04-30-2020, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X