Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manager: I Believe Ruslan Provodnikov Should Not Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Manager: I Believe Ruslan Provodnikov Should Not Return

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, former WBO (World Boxing Organization) junior welterweight champion Ruslan Provodnikov could potentially return to the ring again with a bout by the end of this year. Provodnikov's longtime manager, manager Vadim Kornilov, revealed the information to Tass.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, former WBO (World Boxing Organization) junior welterweight champion Ruslan Provodnikov could potentially return to the ring again with a bout by the end of this year. Provodnikov's longtime manager, manager Vadim Kornilov, revealed the information to Tass.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    I wouldn't mind seeing Provodnikov in against Marcos Maidana if they both return.

Comment

PUT PROVODNIKOV VS MAIDANA ON PBC/FOX! 2 MILLION VIEWERS GUARANTEED.... BOTH CAN RETIRE AFTER THAT!

Comment

No, just no!!

I enjoyed the hell out of his career but I don’t want to see him take anymore damage.

Comment

Originally posted by emceetns View Post
          I wouldn't mind seeing Provodnikov in against Marcos Maidana if they both return.
          You should get a job as a matchmaker. Haven't thought about Maidana. Anticipation alone would make this fight worth it!

Comment

I think Ruslan has been watching Rocky IV in quarantine and now has a taste.

Comment

P4P one of the best chins ever. He took over 300 punches from Lucas Matthysse and kept coming forward.

Comment

It's Ruslan's decision of course, but - especially given that he appears to be making a life outside of the sport - I'm inclined to agree with Kornilov here. Ruslan was a hugely entertaining slugger but his style inevitably ends up with him taking ridiculous amounts of damage and that shit's cumulative. Really, really wouldn't want to see the dude brain damaged or worse by taking one fight too many.

Thanks for the great fights, champ, but leave 'em hanging up.

Comment

Sluggers don't age well and he's not going to come back any better is he? There's a clear strategy that allows even the Molina's of this world to outbox him so what are his chances of beating someone of note, making this worthwhile?

After such a long layoff even the sparring would come as a massive shock to the system. You can't 'play' boxing, it's no place for an ageing warrior making a return. He beats nobody of note and I'd hate to see him beaten up by a prospect as a 'stepping stone.'

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
                    You should get a job as a matchmaker. Haven't thought about Maidana. Anticipation alone would make this fight worth it!
                    Thanks, yeah I just figure that both are about the same age, two sluggers with a name coming out of retirement. Seems like an ideal matchup for both after being away so long.

Comment

Working...
                    X