Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: I Thought I Beat Spence; I Know I Gave Him A Boxing Lesson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Porter: I Thought I Beat Spence; I Know I Gave Him A Boxing Lesson

There was a point in the "fourth or fifth round" when Shawn Porter pulled back, then caught Errol Spence Jr. with a counter right hand. Spence cursed in frustration, according to Porter, because he got hit with a punch Porter shouldn't have been able to land. That's when Porter suspects he "had" Spence in their welterweight title unification fight nearly seven months ago in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah, you thought you beat Spence, and a lot of people thought Ugas beat you! I want to see Crawford vs. Porter, or Thurman vs. Porter 2! MAN UP!

Comment

Boy he out did everything you did. I’m sorry you lost

Comment

Porter is a good guy, likeable but hes high off that Nevada weed on this one. Watched the fight last week, he put up a good effort but I lost count how many times Spence was snapping his head back, never mind the body shots while for the most part Porter aggression was ineffective except for few spots where he landed some shots here and there. He made him uncomfortable in spots but far from a boxing lesson

Comment

I thought porter did very well.. Probably the best moment of his career.. An he caught Spence with a few Surprises.. But I think Spence edged it. But hey, he did good enough for me to want to see him vs Crawford. Or a Thurman rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
            I thought porter did very well.. Probably the best moment of his career.. An he caught Spence with a few Surprises.. But I think Spence edged it. But hey, he did good enough for me to want to see him vs Crawford. Or a Thurman rematch.
            Porter made a good showing of himself but didnt win and that's what makes the Bud match up a great one. It would be a good gauge between the Bud and Spence showdown

Comment

Porter is always in shape and a tough guy. However I really have a hard time watching him fight. Just bum rushes in and turns the fights into wrestling matches. However he has shown boxing ability and I wish he would use it more.

Comment

The old cliche, "Styles make fights".

They should do it again at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Quicksilver* View Post
                  Porter is always in shape and a tough guy. However I really have a hard time watching him fight. Just bum rushes in and turns the fights into wrestling matches. However he has shown boxing ability and I wish he would use it more.
                  No, you don't wish that.

He tried actually boxing Ugas and from my card, lost as a result.

No. He needs to be that linebacker. He has to do it

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    No, you don't wish that.

He tried actually boxing Ugas and from my card, lost as a result.

No. He needs to be that linebacker. He has to do it
                    Ha, your probably right.

Comment

Working...
                    X