Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Farhood: Matthysse-Molina Was A Reminder Of Why You Love Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Farhood: Matthysse-Molina Was A Reminder Of Why You Love Boxing

Steve Farhood was mesmerized by what was unfolding right in front of him the night of April 26, 2014. The veteran Showtime analyst watched in amazement as hard-hitting former junior welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse and ever-courageous underdog John Molina Jr. just absolutely brutalized each other. Molina knocked down the heavily favored Matthysse in the second and fifth rounds, but a bloodied, battered Matthysse came back to drop Molina in the eighth, 10th and 11th rounds of a memorable brawl he won by 11th-round knockout at StubHub Center in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great fight.......

Comment

watch the background, LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcNJ46sAsPM

Comment

Yes this fight was pretty awesome.

Comment

Great fight. Feeds the inner sadist if you watch it more than once though.

Comment

Originally posted by calemanregreso View Post
            Haha! Gotta listen to Leonard!!

Comment

This was one of those fights you knew was going to end by knockout at any moment and most thought Matthysse was going to take it quite easily but once Molina dropped him the first time it got really interesting lol. In my opinion John Molina was one of the hardest punchers at 135-140 at least in the past 20 years unfortunately he was one of those fighters that sometimes showed up and sometimes didn't, for the Matthysse fight he showed up.

Comment

I need to re-watch this i remember watching it live with a clenched bumhole for most of it, had big dough on lucas by KO so couldnt properly enjoy it.

John molina is one of those guys that is just too damn tough for his own good. He took a horrendous beating in that fight that would turn many others into vegetables.

I always wondered is John molina the son of boxer john john molina?

Comment

Nice! Farhood's pasion for the sport is always appreciated by this reader.

Comment

Originally posted by calemanregreso View Post
                    That 9 run home run

Comment

Working...
                    X