Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Favors Prograis; Not Sure Hooker Has Recovered From KO Loss To Ramirez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Favors Prograis; Not Sure Hooker Has Recovered From KO Loss To Ramirez

The winner of the Regis Prograis-Maurice Hooker fight is a potential opponent for Mikey Garcia if he returns to the junior welterweight division. Garcia is intrigued by Prograis-Hooker, though he expects Prograis to win that battle between former 140-pound champions whenever it is rescheduled. New Orleans' Prograis (24-1, 20 KOs) and Dallas' Hooker (27-1-3, 18 KOs) were supposed to fight Friday night at MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland, but their 12-round, 143-pound bout was postponed indefinitely amid the coronavirus crisis.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Favor Prograis just bc he's the better fighter. Hooker got a gift or two against average guys so it was a matter of time before he was gonna get axed by a top guy. Prograis had a helluva fight with Taylor in a fight that probably could gone either way. His awkward, southpaw style & heavy hands will be too much for Hooker to handle & probably gets stopped again.

Comment

This would be a good match up. I was hoping for a Pac/Mikey fight, but this would still be a good fight.

Comment

Agreed, I think Prograis get a KO. Should be fun for as long as it lasts though.

Comment

Big prograis KO. Hooker is solid, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            This would be a good match up. I was hoping for a Pac/Mikey fight, but this would still be a good fight.
            Later on Prograis could be a huge name in the sport he is still young and has alot to learn but all in all very talented

Comment

The ref was terrible in that fight, let Ramirez finish Hooker up completely on the ropes, especially that last punch, I understand Garcia's concern if Hooker ever recovers

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                As THE biggest Mikey fan on the planet, I think Mikey vs Pac will now fade due to the virus. You heard it here! It's a shame too. Mikey played all his chips perfectly to get that fight! Made good fight choices, timing of fights, good business decisions, and had this fight all but ready to sign. Now the virus happens, and EVERYBODY will be fresh. So Pac can pick any fighter on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post
                  As THE biggest Mikey fan on the planet, I think Mikey vs Pac will now fade due to the virus.
                  Yep........

Comment

Working...
                  X