Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Castillo: In The Eyes of The World, The Fans - I Beat Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Castillo: In The Eyes of The World, The Fans - I Beat Mayweather!

Mexico's Jose Luis Castillo celebrated an anniversary recently, reflecting back on the night he faced Floyd Mayweather for the first time - on April 20, 2002. Castillo, who retired in 2014, lost a twelve round unanimous decision to Mayweather - as they battled for the WBC lightweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hmm, slow news day.

Comment

Castillo was one of my favorites of the era, but uh... no the fuck you didn't bro.

Comment

It's funny This story came up, I actually watched this fight again on YouTube the other day and I must say Castillo definitely won that fight. You could make an argument for a draw and for A 7-5 Castillo win, but definitely not a Mayweather win. 5 rounds is the most I could give Mayweather, 6 is a stretch but definitely not from the realm of possibility, to say Mayweather won 7 is not plausible. Regardless it's ancient history but would recommend fans to check it out.

Comment

Boxing fans think you beat him. Just like fans know Pac beat Bradley 3 times.
          But history books say otherwise

Comment

Why do I care about yesteryear's sour g****s?

Comment

I didn’t think he won it then, I still don’t think he won it after watching it multiple times. But am a Mayweather super fan so my glasses are definitely rose tinted.

Comment

May be tru!!!

This Might be TRUE in the 1st fight but mayweather clearly won the second fight. so that erased the 1st fight. because if you beat his you should have beat him again!! thats why there was a rematch to erase any doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                  It's funny This story came up, I actually watched this fight again on YouTube the other day and I must say Castillo definitely won that fight. You could make an argument for a draw and for A 7-5 Castillo win, but definitely not a Mayweather win. 5 rounds is the most I could give Mayweather, 6 is a stretch but definitely not from the realm of possibility, to say Mayweather won 7 is not plausible.
                  Disagree.

Comment

Much respect to Castillo. The fight was close, no robbery though. I had it a draw but I will say that is the one and only Floyd fight where I came away with the impression that he was not the better fighter. The rounds that Castillo won were so much clearer.

A side note is that you can tell how much Castillo respects Floyd

Comment

Working...
                    X