Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Calzaghe: It's Mad, I'm Still Living in Froch's Head After All These Years!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Calzaghe: It's Mad, I'm Still Living in Froch's Head After All These Years!

Joe Calzaghe has fired back at fellow former world champion Carl Froch. During a recent edition of his podcast, Froch explained that he was willing to come out of retirement for the right fight - and that right fight is a showdown with Calzaghe.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn Calzaghe admits he wouldn't have beat a prime Roy Jones but not many would and even less would admit something like that respect in the end he has him on his resume and in a fight he won fair and square no debate.

Comment

"I'd have beaten any super-middleweight, maybe not Roy Jones Jr at his peak."

I'm glad Joe admitted this. I've grown tired debating his fans this very point over the years

Comment

poor froch he has calzaghe on the sofa with his shoes off and ward waiting in bed ready to spoon him all night.

Comment

Maybe I thought it said .Thats a big difference from couldn’t.The only thing we know is he said he was basically finished after Kessler fight and still went on to defeat two legends st 175.

Comment

When you know you're at the end you don't take on the largely unkown next generation for a pittance, you make long overdue fights with fellow greats of your own generation for retirement level money. Did Froch fight Callum Smith, Benavidez or Zurdo near the end, or did he chase the big money bouts?
            Though I'm a massive Calzaghe fan and would still back him to win closely against Jones with both at their peaks, even I would say he was a lot closer to his best than Jones when they finally fought. The Hopkins fight was a lot closer, but B-Hop continued fighting at world championship level for about a decade afterwards.

Comment

Joe was a brilliant boxer and just as good a man. His acknowledgement of Jones is a prime example. (Although closer than many think).. Nobody about wouldve beaten Jones at his peak imo but Joe was a fantastic fighter and you don't do a full career with world titles and record length of time undefeated otherwise.

I always thought at the time that Joe was under rated even in some of the British media, but like always he churned out win after win after win with all different styles..

Froch was a good fighter, not a great fighter, not on Joe's level by any stretch and as we can see Carl still can't handle it. Debates will go on and on but ultimately Joe was far superior to Carl and Carl simply can't acknowledge it..

Maybe another thing he could take from Joe's locker.......

Comment

While I think Joe would have put a clinic on Froch, Froch has the better resume, and fought an up and comer in Groves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunch Pag View Post
                  Joe was a brilliant boxer and just as good a man. His acknowledgement of Jones is a prime example. (Although closer than many think).. Nobody about wouldve beaten Jones at his peak imo but Joe was a fantastic fighter and you don't do a full career with world titles and record length of time undefeated otherwise.

I always thought at the time that Joe was under rated even in some of the British media, but like always he churned out win after win after win with all different styles..

Froch was a good fighter, not a great fighter, not on Joe's level by any stretch and as we can see Carl still can't handle it. Debates will go on and on but ultimately Joe was far superior to Carl and Carl simply can't acknowledge it..

Maybe another thing he could take from Joe's locker.......
                  Paragraph three sums it up perfectly.

Froch is a megalomaniac. He can’t accept somebody was better than him so becomes filled with bitterness.

He’s equally as bitter about Andre Ward, it’s the same equation.

Comment

Joe calzaghe would have done a Jeff Lacy job on Carl froch at anytime in his career no matter where Carl froch was.
                    He would have also jobbed that American Andre ward.
                    His honesty with matching jones at his peak I think, we would all be in agreement, Jones was untouchable at both middle and super middle.
                    God rest the great enzo calzaghe.

Comment

Working...
                    X