Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Goossen, Bernstein, Weeks Reflect On Epic Corrales-Castillo Fight Showtime Will Replay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Goossen, Bernstein, Weeks Reflect On Epic Corrales-Castillo Fight Showtime Will Replay

By Keith Idec - Joe Goossen could've directed Diego Corrales to hold Jose Luis Castillo or move away from the man who had just dropped him twice within a 30-second span. His demonstrative trainer instead instructed Corrales to attack Castillo after re-inserting his mouthpiece in the 10th round of what already had been a stunning slugfest. "You gotta...
    [Click Here To Read More]

I remember the news articles following the fight since I didn't have Showtime back then. Articles and captions constantly calling it the fight of the decade, fight of the century, greatest fight of all time, etc.

With that type of hype, when I finally caught the replay, my expectations were on an impossible to reach plateau, surely because I didn't catch it live as everyone that wrote those articles did.

Even without catching it live and having unreachable expectations, I have to say, it was all the thrilling and exciting as I probably could even have cooked up in my imagination of what went down. I could only imagine if I had seen it live...

I did catch the rematch live however and what a disappointment that was. Too bad Corrales went ahead with the severe weight disadvantage to Castillo because the power with that weight was too much for him to handle that time around.

Comment

I have never seen it all the way through. The highlights alone are breathtaking.

Comment

"You got to ****ing get inside on him now."

Comment

If you have never watched it , you SHOULD!!!!!

Comment

The 10th rd brings tears to my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by KingKrypton View Post
              "You got to ****ing get inside on him now."
              I love how his trainer gives him no chance for self-pity, just sound instruction.

Comment

”But that happened because the first order of the day was you’ve gotta have conditioning. He was conditioned to the point where his heart got bigger, his chin got stronger and his determination was at another level.”

Love to hear that Corrales was a hard worker. The trainer is right. There is such a huge difference between a fighter who trains hard and one who mails it in, even at the elite level.

Remember Joe Louis in the first Schmelling fight, vs Joe Louis in the second Schmelling fight. It’s almost as if they were two different athletes. And in a sense they were. First fight Louis hardly bothered to train. The second fight he was the most fearsome heavyweight in the history of the division.

Comment

HBO needs to come up with a legendary nights documentary of this fight or DAZN needs to get on this soon!!! A network, any reputable network needs to come up with a series - Netflix... someone please... this was a fight that I'm sure has a religious fan base!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X