Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cyborg Says Her Next Fight Might Be in Boxing, Eyes Braekhus

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cyborg Says Her Next Fight Might Be in Boxing, Eyes Braekhus

Cris Cyborg is regarded by many as an MMA legend who paved the way for women in mixed martial arts ... but her next fight, well it may take place in the sport of boxing. TMZ Sports spoke to the 34-year-old Bellator featherweight champ -- the only fighter in history to hold titles in 4 major MMA promotions (UFC, Bellator, Strikeforce & Invicta FC) -- and when they asked her who she planned to face next, her answer was surprising.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hell yeah. Women’s boxing could use the name.

Comment

There’s a video of her sparring with shields .She looks capable.

Comment

Fight makes sense to me.........

Comment

As usual, no one seems psyched about this. It’s why women’s boxing hasn’t gained any traction yet. Fans supported women in MMA 10 years ago and now those women are killing machines. Give female boxers the time and patience to do the same instead of writing them off.

One of the reasons I like boxing is because it’s old school but I dislike the old man sexism that comes with it. Support them so they can get better instead of trying to keep them down, cuz that is where they will stay, and you will have effectively cut the amount of boxing content out there in half.

Go to the UFC vault and check out Weili Zhang VS Joanna Jedrzejczyk. It’s one of the greatest fights you’ll ever see period. Female boxing can produce that one day if you let it.

Comment

Cyborg should fight a good 5-10 fights in boxing and just make the career switch and then go for a title

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstruck View Post
              There’s a video of her sparring with shields .She looks capable.

hmmm I just took a look at it.

made me change my mind.

I am also used to thinking MMA moving to boxing in terms of the mens divisions.

The skill at the top level in womens boxing is not the same as mens. That means women coming from MMA have less of a skill gap to cross then the men do.

She could probably get to a pretty high level in the pros in a very short time.

She is already doing very well sparring with shields. Yeah its just sparring not a fight but still they are way more even that if you get someone like conor trying to spar Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                As usual, no one seems psyched about this. It’s why women’s boxing hasn’t gained any traction yet. Fans supported women in MMA 10 years ago and now those women are killing machines. Give female boxers the time and patience to do the same instead of writing them off.

One of the reasons I like boxing is because it’s old school but I dislike the old man sexism that comes with it. Support them so they can get better instead of trying to keep them down, cuz that is where they will stay, and you will have effectively cut the amount of boxing content out there in half.

Go to the UFC vault and check out Weili Zhang VS Joanna Jedrzejczyk. It’s one of the greatest fights you’ll ever see period. Female boxing can produce that one day if you let it.
                Ahh shut up. If you like female boxing so much then you support it. Women shouldn’t even be fighters whether it’s mma or boxing. They can’t compete at the highest level and that’s why not many people give a f**k, including women themselves.

Comment

Christine Cyborg vs Cecilia Braekhus is a fight I am salivating for.

In reality I am all board and support this fight. Cyborg practicing with Claressa Shields and doing the work Cyborg did in the pads and sparring is not bad. This fight have the potential to be make.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post

Positive Green Karma: I agree with you, this is all truth and there is not debate on this one. Women boxing is going to stay sooner or later. I am always vocal that female boxing need 3 minutes each round and 12 rounds in championship. I guaranteed we are going to see more skill, planning, tactics, strategies, conditioning, TKO/KO and the list go on.

Comment

Working...
                    X