No announcement yet.

Iron Clad: Mike Tyson’s Place in History Part I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Clad: Mike Tyson’s Place in History Part I

Is Mike Tyson an All-Time Great? That is, without a doubt, the $64,000 dollar question. There are those who worship the ground he walks on and those who claim he is the most overrated fighter to ever don gloves. So many of Mike’s detractors harp on how Mike failed to live up to his potential and salivate through an evil grin while pointing out Mike’s moral shortcomings. First of all, a fighter should be judged on his deeds, not the expectations placed upon him by fans and pundits. A boxer must never be placed or misplaced on what they could have done; but solely on what they did do. Secondly, we, as boxing fans and members of the human race, could debate unendingly on the personal Mike Tyson; but seeing as how none of us are without sin, let’s cast no stones and stick to what we, collectively, can debate with no personal judgment; the significance of his career and how he measures up to those that came before him.

[details]

The whole story needs to be told to understand "WHY?" things happen...in all cases, especially in biased history, it is better to know as much as possible.

In the end, Tyson did screw himself, but there is a story behind it. I put Tyson in the same category as "Should of been, '80's players": Darryl Strawberry,Dwight Gooden, Bo Jackson,
    Last edited by Abe Attell; 08-08-2006, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abe Attell
      The whole story needs to be told to understand "WHY?" things happen...in all cases, especially in biased history, it is better to know as much as possible.

In the end, Tyson did screw himself, but there is a story behind it. I put Tyson in the same category as "Should of been, '80's players": Darryl Strawberry,Dwight Gooden, Bo Jackson,

True. The only way to cut through perception is with cold hard facts.

Comment

Maleek Abdul Aziz should have been the greatest of all time...instead he became the biggest dissapointment of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by marvdave
          Maleek Abdul Aziz should have been the greatest of all time...instead he became the biggest dissapointment of all time.
          He honestly coulda been, Dave. Still kills me to think about it.

....unless you wanna get technical and realize that Aziz was never the fighter Tyson was.....you ole name-dropper, you.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
            He honestly coulda been, Dave. Still kills me to think about it.

....unless you wanna get technical and realize that Aziz was never the fighter Tyson was.....you ole name-dropper, you.
            I get angry thinking about it. Iron Maleek took something from us. I feel cheated.

praise alah

Comment

He should be rememberd as an all time great because during his era he was seen as the most invincable fighter ever.
              Last edited by The Troll; 08-08-2006, 03:41 PM.

Comment

If Mike Tyson died immediately following the buster douglas fight I dont think anybody would question.

Comment

I also think Tyson should be in all time great. He was not a paper champ by any means. He defended the title 9 times and when he was on his prime, he was annihilating prominent opponents routinely.

Comment

Originally posted by daggerdeux
                    I also think Tyson should be in all time great. He was not a paper champ by any means. He defended the title 9 times and when he was on his prime, he was annihilating prominent opponents routinely.
                    I agree. In his day he was awesome to watch. His speed was probably the most amazing part.

1. Ali
                    2. Louis
                    3. Marciano
                    4. Tyson
                    5. Holmes

Comment

Working...
                    X