Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kal Yafai on Loss To Chocolatito, Rematch Clause, Moving Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kal Yafai on Loss To Chocolatito, Rematch Clause, Moving Up

Kal Yafai could be two weight divisions up when he makes his return to the ring later this year. Yafai lost his WBA super flyweight title to Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez in Texas last month in a painfully one-sided fight. But despite having a rematch clause in the contract for the fight in Frisco, Texas, there is little prospect of him boxing at 115 pounds again after years of battling the weight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yafai would get absolutely destroyed at super bantamweight, imagine him in there with Navarette, it would be a complete physical mismatch.

He doesn’t beat any of the top guys at 118 either tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Yafai would get absolutely destroyed at super bantamweight, imagine him in there with Navarette, it would be a complete physical mismatch.

He doesn’t beat any of the top guys at 118 either tbh.
      He must know his own body and to be honest he looked better before he was world champion so i give him the benefit of doubt

Comment

Kal Yafai is just being honest, he's still will be very competitive with most fighters at bantamweight .

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
          He must know his own body and to be honest he looked better before he was world champion so i give him the benefit of doubt
          Totally agree with this, to have only moved up 2lbs in fight weight in 12 years is extremely challenging on the body and was bound to catch up to him... got away with it just about against lower opposition but got caught out against one of the top guys. Will know inside 2 fights whether the weight has brought new lease of life to him, he is only just 30 so abit of time still left on his side.

Comment

The article tells me his gameplan wasn’t great anyway.

He expected to just catch Chocolatito? Yafai isn’t a puncher, so i’m not sure why he was looking to do that to bail him out.

It’s also easy to say he never fought his usual fight and abandoned what he does best, but the reason is really because he fought a fighter way better than anyone he fought before, that’s the top and bottom of it. It’s not like Yafai has looked that good in recent times anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
              I think he looked better cause he was facing weaker opposition.

In reality Yafai isn’t a world class fighter, he just managed to pick up a belt and hang on to it by fighting C level guys, the moment he stepped up he was outclassed from the first bell.

Can he move up and beat Karim Guerfi for the EBU title? Probably, can he move and beat guys like Inoue, Nery or Casimero? Hell no.

He should fight Paul Butler next, good crossroads fight.

Comment

Paper champs.

there are champs and paper champs like Paulie Malignaggi.Yafai is a rice paper champ.truly garbage not elite.Chocolatito was too much way too much.even as a heavy weight you will lose against him over and over again/

Comment

Sounds like Yafai is done unless he’s fighting lower tier opposition
                  Can’t see him doing to well at bantamweight
                  The big boys will destroy him

Comment

Yafai just isn't a world level guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X