Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Margarito Admits He Underestimated Pacquiao, Fight Should Have Been Stopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Margarito Admits He Underestimated Pacquiao, Fight Should Have Been Stopped

Back in November of 2010, Manny Pacquiao was going for his eight divisional title when he stepped in the ring with the always dangerous Antonio Margarito. The contest, which had the vacant WBC junior middleweight title at stake, took place at a catch-weight of 150-pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I literally just watched this entire fight on YouTube yesterday for the first time since I watched it live. Man what a performance. I remember being on pins and needles the whole fight thinking Pac was gonna get knocked out cold. Margarito landed some hellacious shots on Pac especially when he occasionally had him trapped on the ropes . I don't think we've ever seen a guy with that much of a size, reach, and weight disadvantage dish out such a shellacking for an entire 12 round fight.

Pac was never the same after this fight though. The fight took him out of his prime for sure. It was definitely the last time I saw him throw 5-6 punch combinations over and over and over & Margarito was getting hit with all of them. He coulda called it a career after that & I don't think anyone wouldve batted an eye. Who woulda thought he'd be still kicking ass 10 years later.

2008-2010 Pac beats almost everyone if not literally everyone at 140-154 today. Bud gives him his toughest fight but I don't even think Bud could handle the output, speed & ferocity Pac was dishing out
    Last edited by Bronx23; 03-27-2020, 11:59 PM.

Comment

We all know manny Pacquiao was on steroids, peds. Aint no way in hell a 108 pounder can move up and eventually fight at 152, only dumbases would believe that. Its like chocolatito fighting and moving up in weight to fight jermell charlo at a catchweight. But then again margarito is also a cheating mf , disgrace to mexico

Comment

Originally posted by MxcoFistology View Post
        We all know manny Pacquiao was on steroids, peds. Aint no way in hell a 108 pounder can move up and eventually fight at 152, only dumbases would believe that. Its like chocolatito fighting and moving up in weight to fight jermell charlo at a catchweight. But then again margarito is also a cheating mf , disgrace to mexico
        I sincerely hope that before Pacquaio leaves this life he sets the record straight and admits to doping... at least on his death bed.

Comment

Lol why are we discrediting Pac, hes obviously on PEDs but c'mon how many all time greats weren't on it

Comment

Which fighter can you honestly say isn’t on peds
            Cat and mouse and $$$$$$$$$
            Last edited by MulaKO; 03-28-2020, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pound4PoundStud View Post
              I sincerely hope that before Pacquaio leaves this life he sets the record straight and admits to doping... at least on his death bed.
              Totally agree with you bro, hopefully it happens

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                I literally just watched this entire fight on YouTube yesterday for the first time since I watched it live. Man what a performance. I remember being on pins and needles the whole fight thinking Pac was gonna get knocked out cold. Margarito landed some hellacious shots on Pac especially when he occasionally had him trapped on the ropes . I don't think we've ever seen a guy with that much of a size, reach, and weight disadvantage dish out such a shellacking for an entire 12 round fight.

Pac was never the same after this fight though. The fight took him out of his prime for sure. It was definitely the last time I saw him throw 5-6 punch combinations over and over and over & Margarito was getting hit with all of them. He coulda called it a career after that & I don't think anyone wouldve batted an eye. Who woulda thought he'd be still kicking ass 10 years later.

2008-2010 Pac beats almost everyone if not literally everyone at 140-154 today. Bud gives him his toughest fight but I don't even think Bud could handle the output, speed & ferocity Pac was dishing out

148 vs 165

It was pretty stupid of roach or manny's camp of not putting a rehydration clause. A welterweight vs. a super-middleweight happened that night. Somebody could've died.

Pacquiao in his 40s and still fighting is very much appreciated now
                Last edited by RuleOfTheSpear; 03-28-2020, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post

Yeah bro, he completely annihilated Marg.
                  2008-2010 PAC is his prime, and yes he demolished every single welter today. Easily.
                  Crawford and Spence would get decimated, not to mention they don’t have even have the wars under their belt to provide them experience with a savage like PAC. That Marquez KO changed Pac forever, made him more cautious and conservative, and technical. But that prime pac, absolutely devastating fighter.
                  Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MxcoFistology View Post

Here’s another ALT.
                    Somebody tells the mods to come get this fool.

Comment

Working...
                    X