No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Antonio Margarito Reveals Why He Left Boxing in 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Antonio Margarito Reveals Why He Left Boxing in 2017

It's been almost three years since former world champion Antonio Margarito entered the ring. Based in San Diego, the 'Tijuana Tornado' was a three-time world welterweight champion. He just celebrated his 42nd birthday. The last time Margarito (41-8, 27 KOs) saw action, he won a very tough seven round technical decision over Carson Jones. Many believe Margarito was on the verge of being stopped, but the contest was cut short due to a cut that Margarito suffered around his right eye due to a head clash.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Margarito was a very good tough fighter that got crucified for making one mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
      Margarito was a very good tough fighter that rightfully got crucified getting caught loading his gloves, which he probably had been doing for at least a few fights prior to Mosley.
      I fixed this for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
        I fixed this for you.
        I think he has paid his dues for his wrongs, no need to hit him anymore. He got his payback from Mosely, Pac and Cotto who collectively ended his career and left him damaged, and now he is feeling the effects of his battles. A flawed warrior who got sucked into the dark side of the game. One of the better pressure fighters of the last generation.

Comment

Originally posted by megh50 View Post
          I think he has paid his dues for his wrongs, no need to hit him anymore. He got his payback from Mosely, Pac and Cotto who collectively ended his career and left him damaged, and now he is feeling the effects of his battles. A flawed warrior who got sucked into the dark side of the game. One of the better pressure fighters of the last generation.
          Not hitting. Just calling it like it is. He got crucified and deserved it. And throughout that “crucification” still got a huge fight w Pacquaio and rematch w Cotto. I don’t know if I’d call that paying his dues. Dude should have been banned from the sport.

Comment

Margarito was a very good tough fighter that got crucified for making one mistake.
            A mistake that basically ruined Miguel cottos career. He was never the same after this fight. He abandoned everything that made him successful even if he won more fights and titles. It wasnt the same person that was vicious.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
              Not hitting. Just calling it like it is. He got crucified and deserved it. And throughout that “crucification” still got a huge fight w Pacquaio and rematch w Cotto. I don’t know if I’d call that paying his dues. Dude should have been banned from the sport.

As much as liked Margarito , gotta agree with this ^^^^^^
              He could of killed a man
              Actually surprised Cotto came out of their first fight unscathed ( for now )

Comment

Margarito was just one of the many Mexican cheats like JMM, Chavez Jr, Nery etc.

Comment

He was the boogey man for awhile. Floyd ducked him.
                  Manny slaughtered him.
                  Would’ve been fun to see him and Floyd tho too.

Comment

Margarito vs Mayorga should’ve happened no matter what the cost was

Comment

Working...
                    X