Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Unable To Secure Franklin as Sparring Partner For Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin Unable To Secure Franklin as Sparring Partner For Whyte

Former WBA heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin was unable to secure Jermaine Franklin as a sparring partner, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Povetkin is scheduled to face top contender Dillian Whyte on May 2 in Manchester - although the date is likely to get pushed back.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It won't matter who Povetkin spars with. He's finished, his days are over.
    White will decapitate him just like AJ did

Comment

Lol how can salita say he thinks Franklin is the best american heavyweight . He has jarrell miller , and miller is quite clearly a level above Franklin. Kind of a conflict of interest there that statment haha . Franklin is like top 10-15 out of american heavyweights . ( and that may be way off he may be a bit higher due to lack of competition ) . Not sure what they are gonna do with franklin . Hes gonna get knocked off by a journeyman soon , they may aswell go for the biggest fight they can get. Feed Franklin a perfectly picked can with a decent record and no chin . Get him that fight on a decent undercard then cash out . Hes never gonna get to a title shot . Put him in with like kownacki in NY or parker in NZ . Those are the type of fights that are going to be Franklin cash out fights imo . The guy is really not very good and is ripe for the picking . I would pick most top 20 type guys to beat Franklin. Maybe all of them.

Comment

Povetkin has a good team behind him and he has a good work ethic. I'm sure if they can get Jermaine Franklin into his camp he'll be even more ready for Whyte. We'll see if Whyte is ready to take the next step, or if he's still at the same level. Povetkin may be at the last few fights of his career, but he's still very dangerous. Tough fight for both fighters, a true 50/50 matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          Povetkin has a good team behind him and he has a good work ethic. I'm sure if they can get Jermaine Franklin into his camp he'll be even more ready for Whyte. We'll see if Whyte is ready to take the next step, or if he's still at the same level. Povetkin may be at the last few fights of his career, but he's still very dangerous. Tough fight for both fighters, a true 50/50 matchup.
          This is a real good matchup if whyte shows up like he did against wach he will prolly lose . However I dont see that happening. I could see whyte stopping pov late ,or winning a decision in a good close fight .

Comment

This is going to be a helluva fun of a fight.

Povetkin is another high risk/high reward fight for Dillian Whyte. This is a true 50/50 fight. Povetkin have a chance to fight for another title shot, If he win against Dillian Whyte.

Comment

Salita is so crooked. Can’t listen to anything he says.

Comment

Working...
              X