Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGirt Firmly Believes Wilder, With Right Adjustments, Beats Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McGirt Firmly Believes Wilder, With Right Adjustments, Beats Fury

Veteran trainer Buddy McGirt feels confident that he properly prepare Deontay Wilder for a trilogy fight with Tyson Fury. Wilder and Fury fought to a controversial twelve round split draw in December 2018 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. But in last month's rematch, Fury dropped Wilder twice and stopped him in the seventh round to capture the WBC heavyweight title at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mcgirt's tryna get that wilder meal ticket...can wilder make real adjustments to topple fury at age 34? Or just work on what he has being more effective

Comment

I agree with McGirt here. I watched the first fight and he was a lot more mobile weighing around 220. He can implement the upper cut as well. I saw plenty of room to land it in the first fight. The trilogy will be different and Wilder comes out on top. 💣 Squad!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
        Mcgirt's tryna get that wilder meal ticket...can wilder make real adjustments to topple fury at age 34? Or just work on what he has being more effective
        Buddy ain’t a yes man so I doubt he’d say this without believing it. I do disagree with him though, I think there’s certain things Wilder can utilise to give him a better chance but it would still only be a punchers chance IMO. I just feel Fury is simply a better fighter.

Comment

He can’t

He lost almost every round against a 50% Fury

Then he fought the real Tyson Fury and got annihilated

Fury is levels above. Wilder only has a punchers chance and top level fighters don’t really lose to a punchers chance.

Whatever Wilder needs to add to his game should be been started 12 years ago, it’s too late now, he’s mid 30s

Comment

If fury fights wilder 4 times he might beat him. Even a man who's never laced up gloves chances of beating fury go up the more chances he gets.
            Jmm took 4 attempts to get a win. If fury fought me 50 times im sure i could get a win

Comment

Believe him. One of the most honest and wisest men in the game.

Comment

I also believe this he will also have a different mentality. I watched both fights and DW was not right in the head the second fight . He was never a great technician we all Know but he knew how to throw the 1 2 . Last fight I think he tried twice in the first round never again. TF won a rough house fight cause DW was a complete novice for reasons I don’t know . Yeah a lot fights he was losing but he always fired some shots here and there until he landed . The last fight he looked completely blank even in his eyes even before the bell rang . Like he was drugged, no fire inside or desire to win , Just survival mode !

Comment

Originally posted by Tutsa View Post
                  I also believe this he will also have a different mentality. I watched both fights and DW was not right in the head the second fight . He was never a great technician we all Know but he knew how to throw the 1 2 . Last fight I think he tried twice in the first round never again. TF won a rough house fight cause DW was a complete novice for reasons I don’t know . Yeah a lot fights he was losing but he always fired some shots here and there until he landed . The last fight he looked completely blank even in his eyes even before the bell rang . Like he was drugged, no fire inside or desire to win , Just survival mode !
                  I watched the ring intros again & I agree with you.
                  All credit to Fury but Wilder had a look of worry on his face after the mask was removed

Comment

Deontay ain't fixing nothing. He won't even speak out against all these people out here making excuses for why he lost, regarding Fury's gloves and other forms of conspiracy theories. He should have come out and said, "Stop saying Fury cheated, he punched me in the mouth because I didn't get my hands up, or move my head in time, and that's all there is to it". If he were to say this, it would mean he's a man intent on correcting his mistakes. Instead, he's hiding behind a group of people who seem intent on changing the narrative to saying Fury cheated, and trying to trick the fans into actually believing that we didn't all see a real fair and square beating take place in that ring that was based on courage and skill- the kind of courage it took to walk a hard punching monster down like deontay, and the skill it takes to land punches over and over on their intended target. Not to mention all the rest of the qualities needed to literally beat down someone of deontay's caliber. That feat could never be accomplished by just pulling your gloves down a bit. It takes one hell of a fighting man to beat up deontay wilder and so credit needs to be given, because Fury fought a fight for the ages that night and i hate to see haters take that away from him with bs like glove gate. You can play with your gloves all you want. You still ain't beating up deontay wilder unless u come with a whole lot more than some tampered gloves because u still need to land those shots and u need to be able to take what he has to give, while avoiding as much as punishment as possible and that's what Fury did

Comment

Working...
                    X