Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Lemieux: There Are Still Many Good Years Ahead of Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Lemieux: There Are Still Many Good Years Ahead of Me

Former middleweight world champion David Lemieux was scheduled to face Polish boxer Robert Talarek (24-13-3, 16 KOs) last month, but fate decided otherwise. Lemieux (41-4-0, 34 KOs) suffered a back injury in training and had to withdraw from the Eye of the Tiger Management gala scheduled for Rimouski.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fat boy can't stay disciplined and always ends up "injured" before a fight or can barely make weight for fights. Hell, he's missed weight a couple of times and he's promised fans that he'd "make changes" and "do better"...to no avail.

I'm sure they'll feed him to Canelo sometime next year, but in the meantime he can be matched against the likes of Martin Murray in the UK or Montreal until then.

Comment

Lemieux vs Chavez Jr. at a catch would make noise imo. A classic filler for DAZN. Lol

Comment

I still remember the beat down BJ gave him.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKIE420247 View Post
          I think you are thinking of Golovkin or Marco Antonio Rubio. BJS gave him a boxing clinic that's something completely different from a beatdown. If BJS actually tried to knock him out that night he very well could of it was for the taking but he was content pot shotting riding out a decision so no beatdown not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
            I think you are thinking of Golovkin or Marco Antonio Rubio. BJS gave him a boxing clinic that's something completely different from a beatdown. If BJS actually tried to knock him out that night he very well could of it was for the taking but he was content pot shotting riding out a decision so no beatdown not even close.
            his face looked beat up my dude. Lemuix got his ass kicked

Comment

his face looked beat up my dude. Lemuix got his ass kicked
              He lost every round but a beatdown to me is like Berchelt vs Vargas or Salido vs Juan Manuel Lopez fight needs to end in KO after taking a lot of punishment not being hit with punches with no steam dude even after Malignaggi fought people he marked them up I would never say Malignaggi beatdown anybody but Senchenko though.

Comment

No there's not David, you basically kill and drain your body to make 160 and cant make that weight anymore, and youre too small for 168 guys. Your next route is to become a journeyman and fight up and coming name fighters to build their record with your name.

Comment

Lemieux was, to me, a fun boxer. Limited, but usually ready and always all in. He is a shell of that, and when you are a "KO or get KO'd" style of boxer, it seems you fall off a cliff when you are done physically. It happens quick from your fighting style. If he KO's some club fighters, he may have one more moderate payday coming because he is a name. But he is seriously not anything even close to what he was, and he was always just a "B' level fighter. He has had a good career, but it is all over but the retirement tweet.

Comment

Yeah, I always feel like I need to own up to things so fellow posters do not think I am one of "those" guys when I say I was right.

I picked Lemieux that fight. Outright said Saunders was over rated and about to be exposed. So I REALLY remember that beat down as well as I looked very, very stupid after.

Comment

Working...
                    X