Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma Lopez Vows Not To Fight Again, Will Retire For Good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juanma Lopez Vows Not To Fight Again, Will Retire For Good

For Juan Manuel 'Juanma' Lpez, the time to hang up the gloves has arrived. After 15 years in the paid ranks of boxing, the Puerto Rican boxer who won world championships at 122 and 126 pounds, has reiterated that he will not go back into a ring to fight again.
    [Click Here To Read More]

hope he means it this time

Comment

Hopefully Chavez " BUM " Jr follows Juanma's example...

Comment

Salute to Juanma- real warrior ✌️

Comment

Had no idea Juanma was still fighting. His career should have been over a long time ago. Juanma vs Gamboa was another great fight killed by Arum’s fan betraying marination strategy. Everyone wanted to see that fight when it actually mattered.

Orlando Salido was the disruptor as always. Salido’s second wind Career is just plain underrated. If he hadn’t had such a tough start, imagine how the boxing gods would rate him today. He was 50/50 or better with the very top fighters in their prime. Names include Juanma, Juan Manuel Marquez, Mikey Garcia, Vasily Lomachenko, Roman Martinez, Francisco Vargas, Robert Guerrero and Yuriorkis Gamboa.

Salido was an absolute beast. Just can’t understand why Top Rank would put him in with Tomato Cans the way he was showing up against top fighters? Such a strange career.

Comment

He definitely gave 150% in every fight, a true warrior. Hope he enjoys his retirement.

Comment

Juanma Lopez, respect.

Juanma Lopez, I hope you don't lie again, I mean it. I am going to get your word and believe you are going to retire Champ. Thank you for all your entertaining fights, I never going to forgive those nights of excitement and euphoria I was at those moments. Congratulation Champ, you earned your retirement and doing good in the boxing community, I thank you for this.
              Last edited by Dasmius Shinobi; 03-23-2020, 05:44 AM. Reason: Adding information.

Comment

He was a warrior. Thanks for all the fights. Enjoy your family

Comment

Sadly, I think he will be most famously remembered for never being able to fight Gamboa. That fight for me, shall always be the antithesis to the "let it marinate" mentality.

Good ole Bob Arum.

Regardless, all the best to Juanma!!

Comment

Originally posted by HaymonsPlanet View Post
                    Hopefully Chavez " BUM " Jr follows Juanma's example...
                    I agree with you about Jr retiring but Juanma was a true fighter. Jr only became a boxer because of who his father is and never came cloe to reaching his potential because he was spoiled and lazy.

Comment

Working...
                    X