Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Fight Cancellation Costing Boxer $50K In Expenses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Fight Cancellation Costing Boxer $50K In Expenses

Artur Beterbiev's matchup against Fanlong Meng on March 28 in Quebec City was canceled because of the coronavirus global pandemic. Considering the close proximity on the calendar in which the fight was stalled, Beterbiev could not escape the camp-related expenses that came with preparing for the fight over the last two months. The stalling of the Meng matchup ended up costing Beterbiev a pretty penny-money that as an independent contractor, he won't be recovering.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So we are struggling that bad

Why is this even news worthy? I know we have a serious outbreak right now but stop putting any old bull**** out; dam!

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
      Why is this even news worthy? I know we have a serious outbreak right now but stop putting any old bull**** out; dam!
      Cause we are desperate for anything boxing
      Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Sure it sucks for him but there are a lot of folks out there in 1000x worse shape financially who haven’t the means to recover.

I like Beterbiev but this is hardly newsworthy.

Comment

That would anger me. You Beterbiev it. Would take my frustration out on my opponent down the road. You Beterbiev it.

Comment

Any way you slice it , these are tough times.

We all have to hunker down and ride out this storm.

Comment

im sure 50k wont hurt him

Comment

Let's hope he fights Canelo next year and recovers that money.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx... View Post
                  im sure 50k wont hurt him
                  How many "money fights" has Beterbiev had? He's main evented only one top rank card I believe, and from the sounds of the commentators during the fight, they wanted Gvozdyk to win. I wouldn't be surprised if he only made 50k when he fought Hot Rod.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    How many "money fights" has Beterbiev had? He's main evented only one top rank card I believe, and from the sounds of the commentators during the fight, they wanted Gvozdyk to win. I wouldn't be surprised if he only made 50k when he fought Hot Rod.
                    I’d say probably around 200-250 000
                    That’s him paying for his training etc etc

Comment

Working...
                    X