No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marriaga Was Crushed When Stevenson Fight Was Canceled

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marriaga Was Crushed When Stevenson Fight Was Canceled

Featherweight contender Miguel Marriaga admits he was mentally crushed when Top Rank informed him and his team that a scheduled fight with WBO champion Shakur Stevenson was being canceled. Marriaga was scheduled to fight Stevenson this past Saturday night, March 14, at the Hulu Theater in Madison Square Garden in New York City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I had Marriaga for the upset

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
      I had Marriaga for the upset
      U would have been upset

Comment

So he was going to get crushed whether the fight happened or not. Interesting.

Comment

I think Arum and the boys new Marriaga was going to take that belt home. Stevenson's camp new it also. So between the two they're the happiest tandom in boxing right now. They took the excuse and canceled quick. No postponed fight. No options even discussed. I'm sure they all will find a more advantageous opponent when they scheduale again. Marriaga will earn another shot but against someone with more cajones!

Comment

Btw for the record, Marriaga stops Shakira. Belive it!

Comment

Originally posted by Phill lynott View Post
              Btw for the record, Marriaga stops Shakira. Belive it!
              It’s possible. I took a serious look at the fight and was just starting to see how possible it was when the fight was called off. Would have been worth throwing a few dollars down. Emphasis on a few.

Comment

Miguel Marriaga team have to lock Shakur fight, before is to late.

Also in the minority here, I still don't rule out a upset against Shakur Stevenson. Miguel Marriaga have that puncher chance and the underdogs are rising their game more in this early year.

Comment

Still getting that matchup lad, don't be unhappy

Comment

Working...
                  X