Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin's Promoter: No Intention To Delay Whyte Fight, But....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin's Promoter: No Intention To Delay Whyte Fight, But....

According to Andrey Ryabinsky, promoter for former world champion Alexander Povetkin, there is no intention to postpone the upcoming fight with Dillian Whyte, but the ongoing situation with the spread of the coronavirus can change those plans at any time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I can see PPV's going ahead behind closed doors, the majority of money gets made in TV views for those.
    The jury is out on televised non-PPV events, it all depends on individual promoter/network contracts.
    The backbone of the sport, I.E. small hall shows will grind to a halt though. Those fighters rely on ticket sales to keep themselves in training gear, let alone putting food on the table.

Comment

If the fight happens this may be Povetkin's last stand. Whyte attacking him would be dangerous for Whyte ... but Povetkin attacking Whyte could be dangerous for him also.

An ineresting fight. All of Whyte's fights are interesting. His size and style makes every fight interesting. I'm not dealing with either guy's PED history in these comments ... that's a whole 'nother thing.

Comment

I am salivating for this fight also.

I hope they find a way to play this fight, but with precaution and corresponding to the current situation. Povetkin vs Whyte is a 50/50 affair to me. Excellent match up.

Comment

Working...
        X