Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Avagyan Survives Two Knockdowns, Beats Aguero By Majority Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Avagyan Survives Two Knockdowns, Beats Aguero By Majority Decision

Aram Avagyan appeared well on his way to getting knocked out early in his fight against Dagoberto Aguero on Friday night. The resilient Armenian boxer survived a knockdown apiece in the first and second rounds, though, came back to out-land a fatigued Aguero and won their eight-round featherweight fight by majority decision. Judges Eli Staples (77-74) and Tim Taggart (76-74) scored their fight for Avagyan, and judge Mike Fitzgerald had it even (75-75).
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought Aguero won 1, 2, 3, and stole 8!

Comment

How do u get kd 2xs in an 8rd fight and still win without scoring a kd? Correct me if im wrong but shouldnt it be a draw?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        How do u get kd 2xs in an 8rd fight and still win without scoring a kd? Correct me if im wrong but shouldnt it be a draw?
        Win the other 6 rounds and you'll end up with a score of 76 to 74. So I guess either he outclassed Aguero the last 6 rounds or the judges were really generous to Avagyan.

I would like to see how one judge came to a score of 77 to 74. He must of scored one of the rounds Avagyan was knocked down in a 10-9 instead of 10-8.

Comment

That’s right . He scored rd 1 a 10-9 with knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
            Win the other 6 rounds and you'll end up with a score of 76 to 74. So I guess either he outclassed Aguero the last 6 rounds or the judges were really generous to Avagyan.

I would like to see how one judge came to a score of 77 to 74. He must of scored one of the rounds Avagyan was knocked down in a 10-9 instead of 10-8.
            yeah, sounds like it was similar to Sexy Sergio vs Chavez Jr. Complete beatdown with a KD thrown in there.

Comment

75-75 or 76-74 Ava were the right scores...aside from the first 2 he was pretty much in control, though he did get stung a bit in the last round and that could've gone to Aguero in addition to rounds 1 and 2. Doubt Ava goes much further than this level.
              Last edited by Levity; 03-14-2020, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Round 1 definitely should've been 10-8, it was a good KD with Ava hurt, and he certainly was not beating up Aguero prior to that. Ava should also have gotten credit for scoring a KD in round 7.

Comment

Close Competitive Fight.

The result of this majority draw was fair and square. I agree with the decision.

Comment

Working...
                  X