Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev-Meng Still On For 3/28, But Site Sought Outside Of Quebec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev-Meng Still On For 3/28, But Site Sought Outside Of Quebec

The Artur Beterbiev-Meng Fanlong fight was still on for March 28 as of Friday afternoon. BoxingScene.com has been informed by multiple sources, though, that co-promoters Top Rank Inc. and Yvon Michel are seeking a site outside of Canada to stage their fight for Beterbiev's IBF and WBC light heavyweight titles. Beterbiev, a Montreal resident raised in Russia, is supposed to make a mandatory defense of his IBF 175-pound championship against China's Meng two weeks from Saturday night at Videotron Centre in Quebec City, Canada.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Can we change the headline to the "The Man who made A Ward retire and the man whom Kovalev ducked vs Meng"?

Comment

I don't see anyone beating beterbiev except bivol but that would have to be in the next two years

Comment

Have the fight on a barge in the middle of International Waters.

Comment

Take it to Nova Scotia. Zero cases of CV19. Scotiabank Centre holds 11,000. One-off event would be a sell-out. Berbetiev would love the lobster.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
            I don't see anyone beating beterbiev except bivol but that would have to be in the next two years

I take Gvozdyk over Bivol anytime... So there's always that... No one as we speak can beat King Artur... Of course there could always be some lucky shots that could mix things up...

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
              I take Gvozdyk over Bivol anytime... So there's always that... No one as we speak can beat King Artur... Of course there could always be some lucky shots that could mix things up...
              I agree with you, Gvozdyk is #2 best lhw, ring magazine also considers him there. I remember prime Kovalev saying that Gvozdyk is the best one at lhw.

Comment

I cant even believe this is happening...just waiting to hear a final decision at this point. Would be a real shame to have to postpone so close to the fight night

Comment

Originally posted by DenBTR View Post
                  I agree with you, Gvozdyk is #2
                  best lhw, ring magazine also considers him there. I remember prime Kovalev saying that Gvozdyk is the best one at lhw.
                  My impression has always been that Kovalev has something personal against Artur and will never praise him
                  Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 03-13-2020, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Fugh Kovi and his glass eye

Comment

Working...
                    X