Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Marriaga, Conlan Return - To Proceed Without Fans Due To Coronavirus

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Marriaga, Conlan Return - To Proceed Without Fans Due To Coronavirus

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, and to ensure the health and safety of boxing fans and the fight participants, Top Rank announced today that the March 14 and March 17 events at Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden will proceed without spectators.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-12-2020, 12:09 PM.

Comment

It'll be so silent, we'll hear the crack of every punch.

Comment

Originally posted by SNlPER View Post
        It'll be so silent, we'll be able to hear the crack of every punch.
        It's going to be awkward but I expect this is how the sport will continue.

Should sound cool though, you're right.

Comment

I didn't mind watching soccer with no fans...not sure how boxing will be...will check it out for the novelty of it though...gotta think it will be really weird though

Comment

This will be really interesting to watch. I’m actually looking forward to it tbh. It sucks for anyone who was going though, hopefully this clears up by the summer, cause I’m definitely planning to do another Vegas fight, hopefully Fury-Wilder 3.

Comment

This is step one is putting a temporary hiatus in boxing. These upcoming cards, the promoters will still want the show to go on. But soon enough they will stop planning upcoming cards and take a break like other sports leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                This is step one is putting a temporary hiatus in boxing. These upcoming cards, the promoters will still want the show to go on. But soon enough they will stop planning upcoming cards and take a break like other sports leagues.
                They'll try their hardest to continue, I imagine. Hearn sure will. For DAZN this will be crippling.

Comment

I was actually wondering about this and looking at the schedule earlier this day

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    They'll try their hardest to continue, I imagine. Hearn sure will. For DAZN this will be crippling.
                    I mean most networks would love for boxing to continue since other sports will be on hiatus and a bunch of people will stay home on the weekends. But what if a fighter catches the virus? Then entire card of fighters plus promoters will have to do two weeks of quarantine. Like it really doesn't make sense to continue putting on cards. Too much risk.

Comment

Working...
                    X