Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Macklin Does Not See Wilder Making Adjustments Like Joshua Did

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Macklin Does Not See Wilder Making Adjustments Like Joshua Did

Matthew Macklin does not see Deontay Wilder making the necessary adjustments to topple WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury in their trilogy fight - which is expected to land in July.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Macklin just repeating the same wisdom that was accepted after Fury vs Wilder I. Of course Wilder can't improve - what you see is what you're always going to get. Still yet to learn anything from Macklin.

Comment

Wilders needs to hire a better trainer and be more open to suggestions and changes. Self-believe is good but can also hinder progress.

Comment

He made adjustments for both Ortiz and Fury.

He just made completely the wrong adjustment for Fury and got outdone in every department.

I honestly only see one way he can possibly beat Fury. Get back down to a lean 215 and run around the ring occasionally turning and throwing a haymaker.

It's still long odds but it's his only chance.

The ridiculous excuses don't really convince me that he'll make big changes though. He thinks he just needs a uniform without a battery pack.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          He made adjustments for both Ortiz and Fury.

He just made completely the wrong adjustment for Fury and got outdone in every department.

I honestly only see one way he can possibly beat Fury. Get back down to a lean 215 and run around the ring occasionally turning and throwing a haymaker.

It's still long odds but it's his only chance.

The ridiculous excuses don't really convince me that he'll make big changes though. He thinks he just needs a uniform without a battery pack.
          Curious to know what adjustment you think he made for Ortiz?

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
            He apparently learned how to position an opponent with the jab (LOL WITH CAPITAL LETTERS!), if you listen to the LDBC (Licking Deontay’s Butt Crumbs) cult’s fangirly propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
              His Fans always talk about these adjustments but no one is brave enough to clarify them. A Wilder fan did suggest to me that Wilder should bite Fury’s nose off to even the odds but I’m not sure if he was serious or emotional

Comment

There's a difference btw AJ and that One-Trick Phony. AJ is a "true champion" and they can adapt to anything.
                One-Trick Phony was just a paper chump.

Comment

Only adjustment he needs is learn how to wrestle and headlocks and he will win

Comment

Joshua showed what he had to do in the first fight. Even after getting clocked he easily won a round after the 3rd (think it was the 5th), by simply moving. He won the first 2, by simply moving. The fat wasn’t Ruiz’ issue, it was obvious in the first fight.

Wilder showed very little. He could hit Fury when Fury laid back awhile and gave him time to set up a right hand, but when Fury upped the pace, Wilder couldn’t keep up, couldn’t stay reactive and was consistently and constantly kept out of position. The fight ends for Wilder after he lands that final big right hand at the end of rd 2 and Fury rushes him, the pace after that right hand was too much for Wilder.

So what can he do to keep Fury outside? There are ways, but Wilder didn’t show them. Maybe learn how to hang inside a bit better to last enough for more chances at catching lightning?
                    Last edited by SplitSecond; 03-09-2020, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X