Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Scott Quigg: On This Performance, I Don't Know What's Left

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Scott Quigg: On This Performance, I Don't Know What's Left

Jono Carroll had his breakout night in front of the home crowd of a former world champion. The ex-IBF Inter-Continental super-featherweight champion proved too strong for Scott Quigg at Manchester Arena on Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

On this performance, you don't know what's left and what's right. You kept getting punched from all sides by Carroll.

And I lost goddam money by betting on the shell of your self.

Comment

Theres nothing left. Time to retire and reflect on a good career.

Comment

Yes , please go away
        You looked horrible and defenceless
        Retirement should be your next fight

Comment

Fight someone who doesn’t swarm you and you’ll know how much you have in the tank. And don’t take crazy long layoffs.

Seriously, go watch Kiko Martinez VS Scott Quigg and try to tell me why any of you thought he would beat Carroll. The fight happened 6 years ago and Quigg looked just as confused in that fight until his power bailed him out. He’s not shot.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
            Seriously, go watch Kiko Martinez VS Scott Quigg and try to tell me why any of you thought he would beat Carroll. The fight happened 6 years ago and Quigg looked just as confused in that fight until his power bailed him out. He’s not shot.
            I picked Quigg exactly for the reason above. Thought he would catch Carroll at some point, it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
              Yes , please go away
              You looked horrible and defenceless
              Retirement should be your next fight
              A bit harsh no? Quigg is by all accounts a decent guy, who dedicated himself to the sport and squeezed every bit out of his career.
              He can hold his head up high.

Comment

All the tell tale signs of being shot. It happens. Father time is undefeated and whatnot....

Comment

At the end of the 1st round vs Carrol, I thought maybe Quigg is just sizing him up and finding his range. 2nd round: Nope, Quigg is completely shot. Done as a competitive fighter - everything gone

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                    Fight someone who doesn’t swarm you and you’ll know how much you have in the tank. And don’t take crazy long layoffs.

Maybe he should try and drop back down in weight if he wants to continue. Seems like his power won’t bail him out at this weight.

It probably never helped going into that fight after 18 months out either.

I don’t think he will retire, even though he says it. He’s a gym rat and loves boxing. I reckon he will convince himself it was just ring rust and try to fight on.

Comment

Working...
                    X