No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Adam Kownacki 265-Pounds, Robert Helenius 238

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Weights: Adam Kownacki 265-Pounds, Robert Helenius 238

Adam Kownacki came in only slightly lighter Friday than he weighed for his previous fight. The 6-feet-3 Kownacki weighed 265 pounds when he stepped on the New York State Athletic Commission's scale for his 12-round bout against Robert Helenius on Saturday night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Kownacki weighed a career-high 266 pounds the day before he encountered Chris Arreola on August 3 at Barlcays Center.
    [Click Here To Read More]

25 to 1, 50 to 1 & 10 to 1 odds in three fights, looks like a competitive boxing night?? Must be PBC fighters...

Comment

265 lbs is a tad too much; Adam said that his ideal weight was 115 kg = 253 lbs, therefore, now up to 260 lbs is optimal IMO.

Comment

If I were in Vegas, I'd be dropping $20 on Helenius. Stranger things have happened and Helenius has been ailing and in poor shape for a few years now.

Comment

If Kownacki weren't so skilled and heavily favored, I'd say his weight would be a problem. He does however, need to get hie weight under control, if he has any hopes of being competitive at the highest level.

Comment

Robert is going to destroy kownacki

Comment

Kownacki is super fun to watch but he gets hit entirely too much to compete at the top levels or last long in his career

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                Kownacki is super fun to watch but he gets hit entirely too much to compete at the top levels or last long in his career
                He knows it himself and his fans know it also; that's why it is essential for Kownacki to have a belt battle a.s.a.p.

Comment

Kownacki is a bit heavy again and Helenius appear to be in pretty good shape. My head says Kownacki will just blitz Helenius and crack his chin like he did against Washington, but Kownacki is easy to hit and you can land straight down the pipe on him with a reach advantage. Kiladze showed us that, Martin had a lot of success in the 2nd half of that fight as well. Wonder what happens if Helenius lands big straight rights on Kownacki's chin?

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    Kownacki is a bit heavy again and Helenius appear to be in pretty good shape. My head says Kownacki will just blitz Helenius and crack his chin like he did against Washington, but Kownacki is easy to hit and you can land straight down the pipe on him with a reach advantage. Kiladze showed us that, Martin had a lot of success in the 2nd half of that fight as well. Wonder what happens if Helenius lands big straight rights on Kownacki's chin?
                    Lol i thought that but then i remembered the nordic nightmare has turned into a finnish version of malik scott. I.e looks to quit at the first available opportunity

Edit: Dimentenko was probobly a better example
                    Last edited by mlac; 03-06-2020, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X