Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chocolatito: I Needed The Break, I Feel The Hunger Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chocolatito: I Needed The Break, I Feel The Hunger Again

All that Roman Gonzalez needed was the chance to prove there still existed at least one last great performance. That opportunity came in the form of a bid at a second title reign at junior bantamweight, which became a reality following his one-sided 9th round stoppage of Kal Yafai in a throwback performance. The title-snatching effort-which took place February 29 in Frisco, Texas-marked the second fight into his ring return, having been out for more than 15 months prior to a comeback fight last December.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good to see him back in top form. Great fighter and will go down as a legend. Hopefully we get Roman vs JFE II and see if Estrada could avenge all his losses.

Comment

Roman was talking to channel 4 of Nicaragua last week, he said that there is talk about Kazuto Ioka and possibly Estrada II. If Roman faces Ioka in Japan, that will be massive in the land of the rising sun.

A victory for Gonzalez vs. Ioka would be epic provided 'El Gallo' gets past his next opponent ( Presumably Carlos Cuadras ) because that sets another unification for the 'Superfly' division -- even if 'Chocolatito' losses in his effort, it will potentially set up a undisputed scenario in the 115 division with Jerwin on the wait ; maybe with the winner of Ioka vs. Estrada?

Remember, Estrada vacated his WBA Superchampionship at 112 instead of consolidating the WBA flyweight title against Kazuto Ioka ( the regular WBA flyweight champ ) as he ( Estrada ) moved up to Superfly, so there is unfinished business between Estrada and Ioka.

Great times for the 115 pound class.
      Last edited by 1hourRun; 03-06-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

if you're hungry then fight Donnie Nietes.

Comment

Working...
        X