Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vargas: Garcia Is On Pacquiao's Level; Would Be Action-Packed Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vargas: Garcia Is On Pacquiao's Level; Would Be Action-Packed Fight

FRISCO, Texas Now that he has boxed both of them, Jessie Vargas believes Mikey Garcia would give Manny Pacquiao everything Pacquiao could handle in a welterweight title fight. Vargas survived a fifth-round knockdown against Garcia on Saturday night, but the former WBO welterweight champion feels Garcia proved his welterweight worth in a 12-rounder Garcia won by unanimous decision at Ford Center at The Star. Garcia got off to a slow start, but the course of their fight changed once Garcia drilled Vargas with a right hand that floored him with 41 seconds to go in the fifth round at the Dallas Cowboys' training center.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mikey stands a chance against the aging Pacquiao but no guarantee he can beat him. Pac man is an anomaly but I could see an upset if they fight too. I'd rather watch Mikey fight Porter myself. I think that would be a fun fight.

Comment

Pac man walks through Garcia imo. Throws too many punches from angles for Mikey to counter.

Comment

Jessie just wants Mikey to get a proper beating from PAC...

Comment

Mikey stay looking for shortcuts. I think the top dogs at 147 should focus on each other and let Mikey and the up-and-comers to the division battle it out. Let him fight Ennis or Ortiz Jr.

Comment

If a potential fight with Manny is 50-50 your not elite at 147.... Sorry but its true.

I rather see Garcia vs Thurman so we can see if where Keith stands and if Mikey should go back to 140

Comment

the only way mikey has a chance at beating pac is if mikey can take manny's power... mikey is a different type of counter puncher compare to marquez...

with marquez, he's willing to take 2 shots from pac for him to land only 1 on pac... but he doesnt mind that at all because towards the mid-later rounds, marquez will be landing 2 on manny now while manny will be only landing 1 on marquez...

the question with mikey is, is he willing to go thru what marquez has to go thru? if not, i dont see mikey beating manny.

Comment

Vargas was able to tag Mikey way too many times... I don't see Mikey taking Pacquiao's volume of punches from every angle!
                I think Mikey should campaign at 140, he would definitely rule that division!

Comment

Originally posted by pugil1st View Post
                  Mikey stay looking for shortcuts. I think the top dogs at 147 should focus on each other and let Mikey and the up-and-comers to the division battle it out. Let him fight Ennis or Ortiz Jr.
                  Ortiz jr’s trainer is Mikey brother and trainer as well they won’t fight each other... how about Ennis vs Ortiz jr? That’ll be fun

Comment

Mikey gets hit way to easily. He is slow and plodding. He has a decent chin and he showed good thudding power or maybe Vargas' chin is just gone.

Mikey stayed in a defensive shell and ran all Spence fight not taking any chances. We saw him with a fighter he believed he could beat and thus took chances and walked to vargas and he got hit a ton in the process. Even 41 year old Pacquaio will light him up with his speed from multiple angles.

I cant see Mikey staying in and pressing the fight for 12 while getting lit up by Pac, we seen his heart in the Spence fight. Once he starts getting lit up he will spend the rest of the fight running.

Comment

Working...
                    X