Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Trainer: I'd Think About Towel If Fury Was in Wilder's Shoes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury Trainer: I'd Think About Towel If Fury Was in Wilder's Shoes

Deontay Wilder was upset that co-trainer Mark Breeland threw in the towel, prematurely stopping his heavyweight title rematch against Tyson Fury in the seventh round. SugarHill Steward said he supported his peer's decision to stop the fight, and would have contemplated the same move as well if Fury was in Wilder's vulnerable position taking unanswered punishment.
    [Click Here To Read More]

After all, Stewart is the guy that was in Adonis Stevenson’s corner when he got Ko and felt in a coma.

That must be always in your mind for any trainer after...

Comment

Any respectable trainer should save their fighter from themselves. Breland did the right thing even though I do feel like he cut his own throat doing it ( which Wilder should forgive and forget ) although if Breland had of waited 10 seconds more Bayless would've stopped it either way. It may have saved Breland from losing the decent paychecks he's been getting.

Comment

Breland has personally told Wilder that he didn’t mean to throw in the towel. He thought he was throwing in his costume

Comment

Wilder doesn't need more money but a third and final fight would just add to his bank balance. The worry is he could get seriously hurt even worse. For his health it's not advisable to take another fight against Fury next.

Comment

Suddenly Fury is this unbeatable monster. No he's not - he is still vulnerable in the 3rd fight. Fury has still not fought anyone in the top 20 apart from Wilder. If Fury was that unbeatable he wouldn't have been picking from outside the top-20

I actually want to give Fury full respect. But he's made it hard so far. Same with Wilder - I will give him respect when he starts taking on the top 10. I don't care if he loses a fight or two. If's fighting top opposition that comes with the territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
              Suddenly Fury is this unbeatable monster. No he's not - he is still vulnerable in the 3rd fight. Fury has still not fought anyone in the top 20 apart from Wilder. If Fury was that unbeatable he wouldn't have been picking from outside the top-20

I actually want to give Fury full respect. But he's made it hard so far. Same with Wilder - I will give him respect when he starts taking on the top 10. I don't care if he loses a fight or two. If's fighting top opposition that comes with the territory.
              The winner of this fight, let's hope it's a clean win without any controversy.

That man should go on to face Joshua, Whyte, Ruiz, and Dubois.

After those battles, we'll have a truly great champion.

Comment

imo u can't back wilder up if he doesn't let u to do so and the reason he was letting fury back him up imo was cuz he didn't have his legs quite there.

Comment

Originally posted by SNlPER View Post
                  The winner of this fight, let's hope it's a clean win without any controversy.

That man should go on to face Joshua, Whyte, Ruiz, and Dubois.

After those battles, we'll have a truly great champion.
                  I fully agree. Lets hope that happens. We want to see all the top fighter fighting each other from now on.

I have to say I don't see Fury doing that if he wins. I think if he beats Joshua once he will retire and avoid a rematch. But i'll give him a chance....

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post

I understand your point, but you cant just dismiss his win over a dominant Klitchko. It seems like Tyson needs to be really interested in whoever he faces in order to perform at his best. I feel like we have enough colorful heavyweights that we'll start seeing these fights happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X