No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chocolatito Finds His Old Self Again In Texas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chocolatito Finds His Old Self Again In Texas

By Corey Erdman - FRISCO, TX - Forty eight hours before fight day, Roman Gonzalez is asked how he believes he will defeat Kal Yafai, in tactical terms. Gonzalez slings his left arm back behind his chair, slumps back casually and laughs as he simply says "I've got to throw a lot of punches." "Chocolatito" wore a look and demeanor just like that all through...
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought Chocolatito looked great. After SSR I thought Chocolatito was finished. His trainer died, his relationship was failing. Now with Juan Francisco Estrada holding the WBC, The Ring and lineal super flyweight titles he is back in the mix.

You have to admit he looked good.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
      I thought Chocolatito looked great. After SSR I thought Chocolatito was finished. His trainer died, his relationship was failing. Now with Juan Francisco Estrada holding the WBC, The Ring and lineal super flyweight titles he is back in the mix.

You have to admit he looked good.
      Looked good ?
      He looked great ?
      As Tony the Tiger would say
      Get that man a Frosted Flake commercial

Comment

Great article. A nice read. Gonzalez would have never beaten Sor Rungvisai no matter what in that rematch. But Gonzalez understood that.

Comment

I think it could be Estrada but Nietes next would also be good.

Comment

Yafai fought completely the wrong fight, should have stayed on the back foot and used his jab instead of getting stuck in the pocket with a smaller more compact man. Any fight in a phone box will favour the man with shorter levers, let alone one with the ability of Chocolatito. I normally turn up the volume between rounds to hear the cornermen, didn't need to for this - lost count of the amount of times Yafai had the riot act read to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
              Yafai fought completely the wrong fight, should have stayed on the back foot and used his jab instead of getting stuck in the pocket with a smaller more compact man. Any fight in a phone box will favour the man with shorter levers, let alone one with the ability of Chocolatito. I normally turn up the volume between rounds to hear the cornermen, didn't need to for this - lost count of the amount of times Yafai had the riot act read to him.
              I think he threw the fight
              Smfh

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                I think he threw the fight
                Smfh
                Not sure about that, but I think he was a bit too starstruck to perform to his best. Saying that, Yafai's not been at his best since winning the belt in the first place.

Comment

Yafai fought completely the wrong fight, should have stayed on the back foot and used his jab instead of getting stuck in the pocket with a smaller more compact man.
                  I got the impression that Yafai tried to do this a couple of times in the fight but that choco closed the distance quickly and it reverted back to the type of fight that favoured choco. I think choco forced the tempo of the fight and how it was fought and all yafai could do was hang in there as best he could. To be fair, yafai hung in there pretty well for the first 5 rounds, but it was at a pace he quickly realised he couldn't maintain over 12. That might have prompted him to try get a finish while he still had something in the tank, but by 6 he was starting to run on fumes and choco, if anything, was increasing the tempo.

Choco simply has at a different level and can't see any way yagai could have dictated how the fight was fought.

Comment

Not sure about that, but I think he was a bit too starstruck to perform to his best. Saying that, Yafai's not been at his best since winning the belt in the first place.
                    I think he was overwhelmed and facing a great opponent
                    And he picked the wrong strategy , not sure if he knows any other way but Saturday , that was all wrong
                    And I’m fugging with you about throwing the fight

Comment

Working...
                    X