Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I Wanted To Come Back At 140; Fights Weren't Available

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I Wanted To Come Back At 140; Fights Weren't Available

FRISCO, Texas Mikey Garcia agrees with those that suggest the former four-division champion appears better suited for success at 140 pounds than at the welterweight limit of 147. Garcia would've preferred returning to the junior welterweight division for his first fight since Errol Spence Jr. dominated him in Garcia's welterweight debut almost a year ago. The 32-year-old Garcia wanted to face a top opponent in his first bout back, though, and that type of fight wasn't available at 140 pounds when Garcia began planning his return.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mikey going to get KOd . Spence went easy on him

Comment

Yes they were. He could have fought Prograis, Hooker, or Baranchyk. Jesse Vargas is no more credible than any of those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
        Yes they were. He could have fought Prograis, Hooker, or Baranchyk. Jesse Vargas is no more credible than any of those guys.
        Wow those 3 men haven't went the distance with Hall of famers Pacman and Bradley. When Prograis and Hooker stepped up they both lost. For you to say Baranchyk is as credible as Vargas, a 2 weight world champion shows you don't know the sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
          Wow those 3 men haven't went the distance with Hall of famers Pacman and Bradley. When Prograis and Hooker stepped up they both lost. For you to say Baranchyk is as credible as Vargas, a 2 weight world champion shows you don't know the sport of boxing.
          Yeah I don’t know how someone can say stuff like that? Vargas is a tough out! Solid B fighter

Comment

I don't give credit for losses especially wide losses.

Comment

... but overall he's got Josh Taylor...

Comment

He isn’t wrong. Everyone worth fighting at 140 is between fights right now.

Comment

I don't give credit for losses especially wide losses.
                  I don't give credit for losses but definitely Resume.. those 3 men haven't been in the ring with the same caliber of opponents... How could you put Baranchyk and Vargas in the same sentence?

Comment

I don't give credit for losses but definitely Resume.. those 3 men haven't been in the ring with the same caliber of opponents... How could you put Baranchyk and Vargas in the same sentence?
                    Because I have been watching Vargas career since he was a prospect, including his fights with Broner and Dulorme so I understand his level of skill. I wasn't implying Baranchyk would beat Vargas. Just Mikey saying there were no credible opponents available at 140 which is a lie. I don't like this fight for the simple fact Jesse by his own admission has out grown 147 and has no business fighting there anymore. Its a good chance he will run out of stamina down the stretch just like he did in the Broner fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X