Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Trainer: Wilder's Costume Excuse Is Not Ridiculous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury's Trainer: Wilder's Costume Excuse Is Not Ridiculous

Deontay Wilder said this week that the 40-plus pound costume he wore into the ring against Tyson Fury during his rematch zapped him of his energy and tired his legs and lead to his eventual defeat.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The person that made the costume revealed it didn't weigh 40lb though.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I absolutely buy Wilder's excuse. I've been there before. I've carried something for way too long once....and had no legs afterwards. I buy Wilder's story. I definitely would like to see fight 3 (no I'm not from Wilder's camp). While Fury is a better boxer than Wilder, let's not get it twisted. Fury did not destroy Wilder. When I think of destruction, I think of Mercer VS Morrison (true fight fans have seen that fight and know what I'm talking about). Wilder was a punching bag as he was tired, his legs were shot, and he had no movement. Wilder was not fresh. That became evident quickly. While Fury outfoxed Wilder in fight I, he didn't dominate the fight. Wilder if fresh, definitely has a punchers chance. I would not be surprised if a third fight turns out differently.....which is why I would love to see it. Wilder needs better folks in his corner, btw. He's very one dimensional. He needs to learn how to box/fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post
        I absolutely buy Wilder's excuse. I've been there before. I've carried something for way too long once....and had no legs afterwards. I buy Wilder's story. I definitely would like to see fight 3 (no I'm not from Wilder's camp). While Fury is a better boxer than Wilder, let's not get it twisted. Fury did not destroy Wilder. When I think of destruction, I think of Mercer VS Morrison (true fight fans have seen that fight and know what I'm talking about). Wilder was a punching bag as he was tired, his legs were shot, and he had no movement. Wilder was not fresh. That became evident quickly. While Fury outfoxed Wilder in fight I, he didn't dominate the fight. Wilder if fresh, definitely has a punchers chance. I would not be surprised if a third fight turns out differently.....which is why I would love to see it. Wilder needs better folks in his corner, btw. He's very one dimensional. He needs to learn how to box/fight.
        Couple questions. How heavy was the thing you carried? How far? Are you in good shape?

Because I don't buy this BS excuse at all. Wilder carried what amounts to a 4.5 cube box of clothes, roughly the same distance from a bedroom to a moving truck, and he's too tired?!?!

We would have stolen his tip, and he never would have been back on our truck.

Comment

In a 3rd fight wilder always has a punches chance.
          But might be best to rebuild confidence with a few wins. To show rematch deserved and is ready

Comment

Clever response/tactic from his opponent, adds fuel to Wilder's thinking and credibility (in Wilder's head) to the reason why he lost.

This takes away incentive to genuinely humble himself, surround himself with a new talented and honest team and begin to make the household changes needed to maybe make a difference.
            Last edited by Ant1979; 02-29-2020, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post
              Are you Dumb? Or just a Wilder Fan boy
              Maybe both..
              Wilder also said previously...
              He works out comfortably in 45p suit go figure

Comment

Shaq Steel in that yoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant1979 View Post
                  Clever response from his opponent, adds fuel to Wilder's thinking and credibility (in Wilder's head) to the reason why he lost.

This takes away incentive to genuinely humble himself, surround himself with a new talented and honest team and begin to make the household changes needed to maybe make a difference.
                  Absolutely, give him that sense of belief that this is the only reason he lost. Which means he doesn’t need to make the necessary changes needed for the rematch/future. Use his mental weaknesses as a weapon against him.

Comment

Fury camp trying to get fans and casuals to buy the 3 rd fight . First he was rocked in the 1st and now this bs .. come on

Comment

Working...
                    X