Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder - Bury The Suit and The Excuse, Don't Bury The Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder - Bury The Suit and The Excuse, Don't Bury The Fighter

By Tris Dixon - IN less than half-an-hour, Deontay Wilder was transformed from statistically one of history's biggest heavyweight punchers to being condemned as a useless, crude novice. In one fell swoop, a man with an Olympic bronze, a five-year reign as the WBC champion who mustered 10 defences was deemed useless, over-hyped and...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wilder is a narcissist .... that’s why he can’t admit to himself he took a whooping . He’s blaming everyone / everything but himself

Imagine paying 60k for that outfit

Comment

Wilder shall be back. I'm still a fan of his and still believe in him. He grew up the son of a baptist preacher. So he has a spiritual upbringing which is why he has so much faith and self-belief. Speak it, believe it and receive it. There is no testimony without no test. Those are just a couple of his quotes.

Comment

Anyone who has ever served in any military would find the suit excuse laughable. I've never dissed Wilders power, if Fury had that one hit power on top of everything else the man would be truly undefeatable. The rest of Wilders game simply has never developed past novice level due to an over reliance on a power punch - that is glaringly obvious more so now than ever. The question is, at 34 years old, 40-odd fights and surely having his overconfidence taken down a peg or 2; can he adapt enough to beat Fury in an immediate rematch? I don't think so. At this point I think Joshua would beat him, possibly Whyte, Miller, Parker and a few others who have now seen how imposing their weight advantage would work on Wilder. You look at Wilders torso and wonder how he comes in so light until you see him in shorts instead of trousers, the man needs to stop skipping leg day and start actually skipping as well as doing some leg presses. Maybe even think outside of the box and start dancing to help his footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          Wilder shall be back. I'm still a fan of his and still believe in him. He grew up the son of a baptist preacher. So he has a spiritual upbringing which is why he has so much faith and self-belief. Speak it, believe it and receive it. There is no testimony without no test. Those are just a couple of his quotes.
          ... He will be back, of course... Boxing is his life, and he's big puncher...

... I'm not a fan, because he was too protected... but I respect professional fighters as long as they behave professionally...

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
            Anyone who has ever served in any military would find the suit excuse laughable. I've never dissed Wilders power, if Fury had that one hit power on top of everything else the man would be truly undefeatable. The rest of Wilders game simply has never developed past novice level due to an over reliance on a power punch - that is glaringly obvious more so now than ever. The question is, at 34 years old, 40-odd fights and surely having his overconfidence taken down a peg or 2; can he adapt enough to beat Fury in an immediate rematch? I don't think so. At this point I think Joshua would beat him, possibly Whyte, Miller, Parker and a few others who have now seen how imposing their weight advantage would work on Wilder. You look at Wilders torso and wonder how he comes in so light until you see him in shorts instead of trousers, the man needs to stop skipping leg day and start actually skipping as well as doing some leg presses. Maybe even think outside of the box and start dancing to help his footwork.
            ... in the military, I served at the firefighters -- we used to train with more than 40 kilos of equipment on... (and I was so small back then...)...

Comment

Yes, Wilder can still prove himself by fighting anyone not named tyson fury in the top ten. Be it hugie fury, whyte, Joe joyce/Dubois winner, ruiz, parker etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Yes, Wilder can still prove himself by fighting anyone not named tyson fury in the top ten. Be it hugie fury, whyte, Joe joyce/Dubois winner, ruiz, parker etc etc
                Was this a joke?...

Comment

Absolute nonsense. Problem with wilder is his whole career was built on hype and beating people in hypothetical match ups. Now he's lost there's no good wins on his cv, nothing that holds him up to be an elite fighter. Fans saw a bandwagon to jump on with wilder and tbh I'm not sure they even thought he was much good but they went along for the ride anyway . This is the problem with fighting bums your whole career and then stepping up to fight an elite fighter late on, your whole career is defined by it as its the only top guy he's ever fought. This isn't a pacquiao situation where there's a whole body of quality wins despite being kod, there's nothing for wilder. One elite opponent and looked completely out of his depth.

Comment

All athletes from all arenas have natural gifts and natural weaknesses. And this applies mentally as well as physically.

Wilder has progressed incredibly far considering he's clearly never prioritised his weaknesses. So much so he only ever wins a round of boxing against a quality opponent if he scores a knockdown or knockout which his gift clearly allows him to do.

To say he's brought this on himself is stating the obvious and the excuses are nothing more than a result of being severely battered into denial - that will subside over time.

It's like the guy in the gym who naturally has genetically gifted arms but no legs. All he does is train arms and skip leg day. Then he decides to compete and comes immediately unstuck the first time he's compared to a well rounded/proportioned physique.

His own power blinded him and by being surrounded by 'yes men' didn't help him knuckle down on his footwork, defence, jab, upper body/head movement etc etc etc etc

Comment

Working...
                    X