Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Fury-Joshua Winner? Depends on Which Fury Shows Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Fury-Joshua Winner? Depends on Which Fury Shows Up

Former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. is looking forward to a potential unification between heavyweight champions Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua. Fury capture the WBC world title last Saturday night, when he stopped Deontay Wilder in seven rounds at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It is hilarious to me how everyone is dumping on Wilder for his excuses. Honest question, is there any media, boxer, or trainer that supports Wilder's claims of (1) the costume was too heavy and (2) Breland should not have stopped the fight?

Comment

Wilder is a mess! He should just accept being beaten by Fury. I like what and how Joshua reacted to his defeat. He calls it "punch from the gods".

Comment

What's Roy going on about ancient history 5 years ago? Here's the thing IMO... go back and watch Fury before during after the first Wilder fight. Then immediately do the same thing after this second fight. What I see is a man with an even more steely resolve. The only thing I think he did wrong 2nd fight was he was crowding himself a bit on the inside, not allowing his punches to get max benefit. I'm not seeing a fighter who's ready to go down that dark path again. At least from where I'm standing. Roy is throwing an idea out there that will have a tiny likelihood of happening. Fury will absolutely annihilate Wilder if there's a rematch, and he will give Joshua his toughest fight so far. One that I think he comes out on top with. Definitely looking forward to Fury's final half dozen fights before retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          What's Roy going on about ancient history 5 years ago? Here's the thing IMO... go back and watch Fury before during after the first Wilder fight. Then immediately do the same thing after this second fight. What I see is a man with an even more steely resolve. The only thing I think he did wrong 2nd fight was he was crowding himself a bit on the inside, not allowing his punches to get max benefit. I'm not seeing a fighter who's ready to go down that dark path again. At least from where I'm standing. Roy is throwing an idea out there that will have a tiny likelihood of happening. Fury will absolutely annihilate Wilder if there's a rematch, and he will give Joshua his toughest fight so far. One that I think he comes out on top with. Definitely looking forward to Fury's final half dozen fights before retirement.
          Half-dozen? He'll have two more fights.

Comment

50/50 fight for me

Comment

Working...
            X