Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Deontay Wilder 231-Pounds, Tyson Fury 273-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Weights: Deontay Wilder 231-Pounds, Tyson Fury 273-Pounds

LAS VEGAS Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder were heavier Friday for their rematch than they were when they weighed in for their first fight 14 months ago. The 6-feet-7 Wilder weighed 231 pounds when he stepped on the Nevada State Athletic Commission's scale at MGM Grand Garden Arena. Wilder weighed only 212 pounds, the WBC heavyweight champion's lowest weight since his pro debut in November 2008, the day before he fought Fury in December 2018 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Man, 273 lbs. Wilder coming in at a career high 231.

Comment

Fury is not 100%.

Comment

1st fight weigh ins:

Wilder: 212.5
        Fury: 256.5

Difference in weight: 44 lbs

2nd Fight weigh ins:

Wilder: 231
        Fury: 273

Difference in weight: 42 lbs

Who has the advantage, Wilder who weighs 18.5 lbs more in the rematch than in their 1st fight or Fury who weights 16.5 lbs more in the rematch than in the 1st fight???

Comment

They said they were gonna come in at 270+. Didn't think they really meant it. Hopefully Fury is good shape carrying that extra weight. Wilder also surprisingly bulked up quite a bit to 230+. He definitely wants to make sure Fury doesn't rise from the dead this time.

Comment

Fury is way too big IMO.

Comment

Damn, I thought both guys were bluffing when saying they would come in at 270 and 230 pounds.

Alrighty then...............

Comment

They each put on roughly the same amount of weight. I don't this changing much of anything.

If anything, they'll both be slower and they'll both gas easier. I think Deontay

I think most of that weight for Fury is water. Notice he's been chugging all week.

I don't see what the point in Deontay putting on extra weight is. He doesn't need it. I think it's gonna hinder him more than help.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingOutlaw View Post
                  Fury is not 100%.
                  Based off what?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                    They each put on roughly the same amount of weight. I don't this changing much of anything.

If anything, they'll both be slower and they'll both gas easier. I think Deontay

I think most of that weight for Fury is water. Notice he's been chugging all week.

I don't see what the point in Deontay putting on extra weight is. He doesn't need it. I think it's gonna hinder him more than help.
                    Fury has never gassed, insane engine

Fury is 273 but looks stronger than I’ve ever seen.

Wilder is getting punished

Comment

Working...
                    X