Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy's Diaz: Ryan Garcia vs. Jorge Linares is Very Viable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy's Diaz: Ryan Garcia vs. Jorge Linares is Very Viable

Golden Boy Promotions' head matchmaker, Robert Diaz, indicated how confident the company is after last Friday's sensational performance by lightweight star Ryan Garcia (20-0, 17 KOs), after he knocked Francisco Fonseca out cold with a single punch in the first round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That’s deifnitly the fight to make right now but watch all these Ryan haters right now saying “Linares too much for him” then as soon as Ryan chin checks him and flattens him they’ll then say “ so what Linares has been knocked out before”

Watch

Comment

Sounds like theyre trying to marinate this fight

Comment

Its weird to say this, but I simultaneously believe that Linares may beat Ryan, but that if Ryan wins it doesn't prove he is world ready. Of course if Ryan loses its fine, its against a multiple weight and extremely technical former champion.
        Really depends on how Linares shows up and how he fights it. I also dont know if Linares is important enough for GBP to be fine with him beating their future cash cow.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicoGuapo View Post
          Its weird to say this, but I simultaneously believe that Linares may beat Ryan, but that if Ryan wins it doesn't prove he is world ready. Of course if Ryan loses its fine, its against a multiple weight and extremely technical former champion.
          Really depends on how Linares shows up and how he fights it. I also dont know if Linares is important enough for GBP to be fine with him beating their future cash cow.
          Golden Boy doesn’t regard Linares as a staple of their company anymore but a future stepping stone for their young fighters i.e. Ryan, Tanajara, Feliciano etc... Funny thing is Linares was bound to fight for Top Rank if he had defeated Cano making him the mandatory for Ramirez wbc 140 strap but after getting spark out by Cano those plans went out the window. Anyhow, at this stage Golden Boy’s young core is more valuable than a shop worn Linares.

Comment

How did Luke Campbell get on his list? "IF" Campbell defeats Fortuna, then he has to face Devin Haney. His list should be Linares, then the WBC Champion, or the WBA Champion. Choose one!

Comment

Despite Linares stoppage victory over Morales, I think the old veteran is starting to show signs of his age evidence of being shopworn.

Garcia is tough to figure out, he struggled against some pedestrian fighters and then blows out Duno and Fonseca. I realize those guys are smaller than him but still impressive.

Linares is a bona fide lightweight with very nice skills and speed. I still see a scenario where Jorge is winning a few rounds until getting caught with a counter and stopped by KingRy. Should be interesting.

Comment

I'd like to see Ryan face Fortuna before he fights Haney or Tank. I think Linares is a strategic stepping stone to fight Haney either way it goes the kid has talent and charisma I just wanna see how he fairs with somebody equal to him.

Comment

It'll come down to who gets chin checked first and it'll probably be Linares

Comment

Golden boy making real
                    Fights for dazn not youtube junk

Comment

Working...
                    X