Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lewis Ritson vs. Miguel Vazquez Set, April 4 in Newcastle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lewis Ritson vs. Miguel Vazquez Set, April 4 in Newcastle

Lewis Ritson will clash with former long-reigning World Champion Miguel Vazquez on a huge night of action at the Utilita Arena Newcastle on Saturday April 4, live on Sky Sports in the UK and DAZN in the US. Geordie favourite Ritson (20-1, 12 KOs) produced a career-best performance to beat bitter rival Robbie Davies Jr in an enthralling Fight of the Year candidate last time out in October to stay in line for a shot at the WBA Super-Lightweight crown.

Tough Mexican Vazquez (42-9, 16 KOs) previously held the IBF Lightweight World Title for four years, making six defences of the title in that time, before losing to Mickey Bey via a controversial split decision in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Garbage. The corpse of Vazquez, tune up for the main event?

Comment

Probably a style Ritson struggles with

Comment

At least we get to see Kash Farooq again. Might/good chance he goes further than McGregor who 'beat' him.
        Last edited by Marvlus Marv; 02-11-2020, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I hate to see old ex champs getting used for thier name. Ritson isnt A class, so this isn't too bad, but Vazquez is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
            I hate to see old ex champs getting used for thier name. Ritson isnt A class, so this isn't too bad, but Vazquez is done.
            Is Vazquez really that far gone, because ritson is trash. I heard Vasquez vs ohara Davies was a nightmare for Davies. I'd say ritson is worse than him but I've not seen ritson since he lost to patera(?) That fight when he got exposed as extremely limited. Crafty vet like Vasquez and you're writing him off vs a very basic guy. I don't doubt your opinion but just interesting

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
              Is Vazquez really that far gone, because ritson is trash. I heard Vasquez vs ohara Davies was a nightmare for Davies. I'd say ritson is worse than him but I've not seen ritson since he lost to patera(?) That fight when he got exposed as extremely limited. Crafty vet like Vasquez and you're writing him off vs a very basic guy. I don't doubt your opinion but just interesting
              You're not saying Vazquez is good, so much as Ritson isnt, which is why I said. This isn't so bad, but Vazquez is gate keeping. Crafty? The old man game is hard to play in boxing.

Comment

Working...
              X