No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander To Return To The Ring in The Spring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander To Return To The Ring in The Spring

Devon Alexander (27-6-1) has advised BoxingScene.com that he is planning to return to the ring in late March or early April. The former two-division champion just turned 33 years old and believes that he has more left to give to the sport. He is 0-2-1 in his last 3 fights but believes that he still has what it takes to make one more run. In his last fight, which took place last June, Alexander was stopped by Ivan Redkach in the 6th round of a bout that he was winning on the scorecards.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Discipline and Hardwork or retired just like Tim Bradley.

Comment

I remember when Devon was a hyped up and coming fighter. They showcased him a good amount on HBO, I told my buddy from St Louis about him. When he fought that unification bout against Bradley, I had no idea who would win. I remember it being an ugly fight with some headbuts, wrestling and a cut. Devon never really bounced back from that loss and his career never got back on track. Hard to believe he's only 33.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
        I remember when Devon was a hyped up and coming fighter. They showcased him a good amount on HBO, I told my buddy from St Louis about him. When he fought that unification bout against Bradley, I had no idea who would win. I remember it being an ugly fight with some headbuts, wrestling and a cut. Devon never really bounced back from that loss and his career never got back on track. Hard to believe he's only 33.
        Yo....I was just watching Donaire vs Montiel from Feb. 2011 and I was reminded of how horribly Alexander/Bradley started the year just a few weeks prior to the Donaire fight.

That fight was hyped up and I swear their handlers ruined that whole situation....that fight could've been bigger and definitely could've taken place in another state or venue.

Devon's a hard-nose fighter and he's fought damn near everybody, and his last great performance was against Maidana in 2012.

As you mentioned, he hasn't been the same since the Bradley fight and truthfully...the writing was on the wall in the Kotelnik fight...it's almost as though Devon hit a wall.

It's crazy how he and Bradley's careers worked out, Bradley being the victor of both their fight and the better career between them.

Comment

Maybe he nor his family care

This kid will more than likely be spent after boxing because when you have kept and invested your money wisely after being knock the hell out, and you haven’t improved or changed your fight game; just tell me what the hell is left! Go do something else kid!

Comment

Damn shame..he’s been showing signs of being punch drunk already for a hot minute. Hell even his body language shows it.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
              Bradley was a good cross roads fight...

Maybe he can get good payday w Thurman or porter...Spence..Brook

Chad in Vegas

Comment

People bring up boring fighters etc. But i can't take his style

Comment

y tho

Most boring boxer ever

Comment

Why is he coming back?

Comment

Working...