Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves Rips Youtube Fights: Horrific, Abysmal, Makes My Skin Crawl!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves Rips Youtube Fights: Horrific, Abysmal, Makes My Skin Crawl!

Former world champion George Groves is certainly not a fan of the current fad where Youtube celebrities are turning pro and give high profile treatment on boxing events. Last year, Youtubers KSI and Logan Paul held their rematch on DAZN. That was followed by last week's Youtuber fight in Miami between Logan's younger brother Jake Paul and AnEsonGib, also on DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

supply demand. this is what the people wanna see. DAZN is pulling in more viewers from youtubers than pro boxers. a cold fact. dont hate

Comment

He's not wrong. It's horrible but entertaining. There might even be a possibility of seeing more knockouts in fights like these than with real fighters. However, safety is a concern, as these guys really don't know how to defend themselves

Comment

George Groves has integrity!

He is absolutely spot on!!!

This is demeaning to REAL FIGHTERS.

Comment

Yes Groves will ALWAYS speak the truth about cvnts ruining boxing with their degrading phagatronics

Comment

Eddie hairplugs tarnishing boxing

EDDIE HAIRPLUGS WILL ALWAYS BE KNOWN IN AMERICA AS THAT YOUTUBE BOXING PROMOTER HAHAHAHA... WHAT A WANKER

Comment

At least they are fighting each other, they are not ducking, marinating, making excuses, other side of the streets etc. The same way MMA has been allowed to develop due to boxing incompetence is the same way these YouTubers are going to develop in around boxing. We can all sit here and hate it, but it doesn’t change the fact that they are going to develop quicker than we expect.

You have them calling each other out and the next minute they have their fights signed and sealed, in boxing those fights would take 3/4 years to make. How long have we asked for Khan/Brook now? Has Hearn been able to get both at the negotiating table? Nope, but I bet you KSI/Paul trilogy or v the younger brother would happen before that fight.

So again we can sit here and cry about it or actually put our foot down and start criticising instead of defending why real boxers don’t want to fight their rivals.

Comment

I'm in no position to argue with a PRO. If they don't like it then I totally get it! This is why I been posting in other threads that I think they need go back to being separate from the Pros. Eddie Hearn can easily to Cards with just Youtubers as well as his Professional Matchroom Cards I don't see the point of putting them together because those fans of those youtubers are NEVER going to become Boxing Fans and a lot of the Pros as well as Hardcore Boxing Fans are never ever going to respect the youtubers

Sad thing is...Eddie probably would make MORE $$$ off of the Youtubers Cards than he would most of his Professional Boxing Events

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  At least they are fighting each other, they are not ducking, marinating, making excuses, other side of the streets etc. The same way MMA has been allowed to develop due to boxing incompetence is the same way these YouTubers are going to develop in around boxing. We can all sit here and hate it, but it doesn’t change the fact that they are going to develop quicker than we expect.

You have them calling each other out and the next minute they have their fights signed and sealed, in boxing those fights would take 3/4 years to make. How long have we asked for Khan/Brook now? Has Hearn been able to get both at the negotiating table? Nope, but I bet you KSI/Paul trilogy or v the younger brother would happen before that fight.

So again we can sit here and cry about it or actually put our foot down and start criticising instead of defending why real boxers don’t want to fight their rivals.
                  Exactly this. Jake Paul and KSI will make a fight happen next. I'll be watching just like all of the posters on here that claim they hate it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Right. This is prize fighting and promoting at its core. If there’s money to be made...At least they are choosing boxing as the fight. If this becomes the new blueprint it will suck for most traditional boxing fans, but what can u do? It’s all about the dollars. Being a YouTube star and having beef and making millions in a boxing match seems like good work if u can get it. Why come up the hard way? Maybe they need a YouTube title? It’s two different leagues, no YouTuber is going to fight a legit pro no name. C.M. Punk shoulda fought another pro wrestler. Course he was a bit delusional.

Comment

Working...
                    X