Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev-Fanlong Fight Finalized For March 28 In Quebec City

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev-Fanlong Fight Finalized For March 28 In Quebec City

A deal for the Artur Beterbiev-Meng Fanlong light heavyweight title fight has been completed. Contracts have been finalized for the Beterbiev-Fanlong fight to take place March 28 at Videotron Centre in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. ESPN, which first reported that this deal was completed, will televise Beterbiev's mandatory defense of his IBF 175-pound championship versus Fanlong.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Beterbiev will knockout meng in 4-5 rounds

Comment

Taller, rangier, southpaw, fighting off the back-foot, with good speed and reaction (like most asians), will be in good physical condition, your typical spoiler, this fight can last longer than expected

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
        Taller, rangier, southpaw, fighting off the back-foot, with good speed and reaction (like most asians), will be in good physical condition, your typical spoiler, this fight can last longer than expected
        31 year old who last fought in 2018. I disagree with your assesment (though it's unclear when you think we expect this fight to end...)

Berbetiev will knock him out within 8.

Comment

Fanlong will be talented enough and sturdy enough for some rounds, and may even give Beterbiev a few twists and turns in the process, but it looks like Artur may be the guy at LHW. I expect him to get a mid to late rounds KO.

Comment

Beterbiev should win this one, probably late on as many have suggested here. Next should be for the WBO or against Bivol so we can have an undisputed LHW

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
              Fanlong will be talented enough and sturdy enough for some rounds, and may even give Beterbiev a few twists and turns in the process, but it looks like Artur may be the guy at LHW. I expect him to get a mid to late rounds KO.
              Bivol and Beterbiev are both elite, that's 50-50, but they are both a level above anyone, P4P, 160 to 175. I know Canelo has a better resume because he's the cash cow and gets every opponent he wants to fight when he wants to fight them on his terms with the commission etc on his side, but both of them are better than him P4P let alone with the size advantage. And GGG is up there in age otherwise prime GGG was on that level of Bivol and Beterbiev.

Comment

Beterbiev is 35 years old now. Doesn't have many professional fights under his belt but he's still at an age where the best is likely behind him. I personally don't see him quite the same explosive puncher he used to be but he's still heavy handed enough to get guys out of there. If he's to get the best fights, they need to happen soon.

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  Bivol and Beterbiev are both elite, that's 50-50, but they are both a level above anyone, P4P, 160 to 175. I know Canelo has a better resume because he's the cash cow and gets every opponent he wants to fight when he wants to fight them on his terms with the commission etc on his side, but both of them are better than him P4P let alone with the size advantage. And GGG is up there in age otherwise prime GGG was on that level of Bivol and Beterbiev.
                  Bivol is good, obviously an excellent boxer, but not the power of Beterbiev. But that would definitely be an interesting fight at LHW. Canelo and GGG aren't LHWs, so I don't add them to the equation.

Comment

Working...
                  X