Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Akhmadaliev Edges Daniel Roman For WBA, IBF Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Akhmadaliev Edges Daniel Roman For WBA, IBF Belts

Akhmadaliev, Roman Fight Photos Gallery - Miami, Florida - For the IBF, WBA super bantamweight titles, Murodjon Akhmadaliev (8-0, 6 KOs) became a unified champion by winning a twelve round split decision over Daniel Roman (27-3-1, 10 KOs). The scores were 115-113 for Roman, 115-113 for Akhmadaliev, and 115-113 for Akhmadaliev. (photos by Ed Mulholland)
    [Click Here To Read More]

... Daniel Roman did well... but not enough...

Comment

Daniel Roman did more than enough to not only win but unanimously. Hearn has his judges like all promoters but this time they robbed a champion of 2 belts he put on the line! Disgraceful!!

Comment

A good fight again overshadowed by the corruption of hidden agenda. Wish all the B.S. was left at the podium. Shouldn't dish it out after these kids lay their heart and soul out between the 4 corners. Shamefull!

Comment

Originally posted by Phill lynott View Post
          Daniel Roman did more than enough to not only win but unanimously. Hearn has his judges like all promoters but this time they robbed a champion of 2 belts he put on the line! Disgraceful!!
          ... Phil Lynott, dear... I always thought that one should clearly dominate the champion in order to win the belt(s)... the Uzbek didn't do that... even CompuBox said that... *they should have scored it a draw)...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... Phil Lynott, dear... I always thought that one should clearly dominate the champion in order to win the belt(s)... the Uzbek didn't do that... even CompuBox said that... *they should have scored it a draw)...
            Agree. If it was not a title fight I could accept a draw. I would still feel Roman deserved the win. However it was a title fight and the champ took the fight to his challenger. BTW watching Roman's head movement while keeping right in front of Akm... Like on a frozen rope and scoring in between, was a thing of beauty..

Comment

Roman fought well but let the fight slip away in the 10th and 11th in my opinion.

Wouldn't mind seeing a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Phill lynott View Post
                Agree. If it was not a title fight I could accept a draw. I would still feel Roman deserved the win. However it was a title fight and the champ took the fight to his challenger. BTW watching Roman's head movement while keeping right in front of Akm... Like on a frozen rope and scoring in between, was a thing of beauty..
                ... imo, Roman should have put some more heart in this fight... the Uzbek did put...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... imo, Roman should have put some more heart in this fight... the Uzbek did put...
                  I think his heart was there. It just is his style. Looks to me he's thinking and calculating the whole time. Which is a good thing. All in all I like the kid and a little bias. Nothing against Uzbek. He really impressed me but not enough to dethrone the champion.

Comment

The right man got the decision and I bet on Roman. Roman is good coming forward but not so good backing up.

Comment

Working...
                    X