No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jarrett Hurd: We Want The Belts, We Want The Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jarrett Hurd: We Want The Belts, We Want The Best

Barclays Center, Brooklyn - Former unified champion "Swift" Jarrett Hurd returning to the ring for the first time since losing his titles to score a unanimous decision over Francisco "Chia" Santana in their 10-round super welterweight contest.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hurd is finished.

Comment

I'm a big Hurd fan. He's a tough competitor. But he didn't look good last night. I wonder if the shoulder surgery is affecting him. He hasn't looked good since.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunitsmith View Post
        I'm a big Hurd fan. He's a tough competitor. But he didn't look good last night. I wonder if the shoulder surgery is affecting him. He hasn't looked good since.
        I'm also a big fan, not terribly worried. First fight with a new trainer and I think Coach Kay wanted him to treat that as a glorified sparring session to work on some things. "Chia" is a tough fighter, only been stopped once and he's faced a alot of top quality fighters (including drawing with JRock). He didn't look great in there but that's why they had him in against Santana while they are still working on things.

Comment

Originally posted by Thatmanox View Post
          Hurd is finished.
          I swear i was gonna post that.... I hate using the word "exposed" but dude exposed lika mf.... Its only a matter of time before a high ranked guy to pick him apart

Comment

I wonder if Hurd is more confident in getting the belts back now that J Rock isn't champion anymore? Did seeing J Rock give him confidence that he can beat him now? Or does Hurd feel good knowing he possibly doesn't have to fight J Rock again?

Those are all the questions I have. Hurd didn't want to fight Charlo and he didn't want to rematch J Rock to get his belts back that he worked so hard to get. I wonder if he's looking at Rosario as a easy fight to get the belts back.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
              Hurd didn't want to fight Charlo and he didn't want to rematch J Rock to get his belts back that he worked so hard to get. I wonder if he's looking at Rosario as a easy fight to get the belts back.
              It was Koroma who didn't want Hurd to go directly into a rematch with JRock, according to him it was the deal breaker in him training Hurd. As for Charlo, not sure where you got that Hurd didn't want to fight him...Jermell lost to Harrison and then Hurd lost to JRock. Had they both won, we would have most likely had a unification by now.

I'm not saying Hurd would have beaten either JRock in the rematch or Charlo in a unification (I doubt he would have) but I don't think he was dodging either fight. The dude fought Lara when a lot of guys were avoiding him and he fought JRock as his homecoming fight.

Comment

Not watched this fight, but Hurd, even in his winning streak as champion, was technically limited. He was relying heavily on his size, strength and power. Not a lot of speed or cleverness in the way he was winning. Just walking forward and grinding opponents down. It doesn't make for a long stay at the top end of boxing.

Comment

Hurd looked terrible against a way smaller guy. If he's shooting to stay out of fight of the year fights just do what you did Saturday. Dont get me wrong he'll only be a top 20 fighter at that rate but his career will last forever.

Comment

... if Hurd wants "his belts" back then he must fight Jeison Rosario -- and this kid already has some experience in the middleweights...

Comment

Working...
                    X