Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jarrett Hurd Bounces Back From First Loss, Decisions Santana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jarrett Hurd Bounces Back From First Loss, Decisions Santana

NEW YORK Jarrett Hurd heard boos from restless fans in each of the final four rounds of his fight against Francisco Santana on Saturday night at Barclays Center. More important for Hurd and his team, he demonstrated a lot of what his new trainer hammered home during their first camp together. Hurd defended himself better, worked off his jab much more and soundly defeated Francisco Santana in their 10-round middleweight match.
    [Click Here To Read More]

My God had Hurd gotten worse, he let a guy moving up in weight, fight at a catch weight and who’s fought only two times in the past 3 years beat him up. He needs to drop his new trainer, quit trying to “box” and learn defense. His stock got even worse tonight, and was boo’d throughout the fight in his own hometown.

Comment

Jarrett Hurd is washed up, terrible...on the path for serious future beatings!

Comment

As much as I hate to say it, Charlo might be the the best in this devision with Lara aging, Lubin still being green, Hurd damaged goods, and everybody good from a year or two back moving up. 154 is a soap opera
        Last edited by memphis mook; 01-25-2020, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Yep Hurd is done for. He may be able to bring out flashes of his former self ever now and then but he just took too much damage with that straight forward bruiser fighting style. That Lara fight took a lot out of him, that was a taxing fight and J Rock was able to reap the benefits of it. Hurd needs another tune up fight to work out some things.

Comment

Fight commentary was good saying he is stuck between styles at the moment. Also treated it like a sparring session. See what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by memphis mook View Post
              As much as I hate to say it, Charlo might be the the best in this devision with Lara aging, Lubin still being green, Hurd damaged goods, and everybody good from a year or two back moving up. 154 is a soap opera
              I cannot remember a time in a division where it was this open from top to bottom and anyone might come out on top. Yeah, you have to give Charlo top spot right now.

Comment

Hurd has lost all confidence. Looks very week mentally. He may be done.

Comment

I don't understand the thought process on Hurd's style and approach to boxing. He is selling himself short with this defensive, less is more counter punching style. Not to mention I find it border line shameful to hold so much back when he should be throwing the kitchen sink every round. It reminds me of the Canelo in his first fight with Golovkin. Not only does he look like ***** trying to beat him with a runaway style, but he is sucking at it and getting less respect every round. I mean what is Hurd's selling point? That he is an urban black guy? C'mon. Hurd has the physicallity to be much more of a threatening presence at that weight.

Comment

Rosario will have him for breakfast. A year ago I wouldn't have said that.

Comment

Working...
                    X