Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Williams-Rosario FOX Broadcast Peaked At 1,565,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Williams-Rosario FOX Broadcast Peaked At 1,565,000 Viewers

Not quite as many viewers watched Jeison Rosario stun Julian Williams on Saturday night as saw Williams upset Jarrett Hurd to win three 154-pound titles eight months earlier. Nielsen Media Research figures released Wednesday indicated an average audience of 1,536,000 watched Rosario stop Williams in the fifth round of a main event FOX aired from Williams' hometown of Philadelphia. A peak audience of 1,565,000 tuned in to see Rosario beat Williams, who was consistently listed as at least a 30-1 favorite to win their scheduled 12-round fight for the IBF, IBO and WBA junior middleweight championships.
    [Click Here To Read More]

For a giant mismatch that’s great ratings in what ended up being a great fight.

Why do people care so much about ratings though?

Boxing is not a popularity concert, it’s gladiator sport for real men.

Down with women on undercards. Put them all on separate cards so I can ignore them altogether.

Comment

Pretty good ratings , fox does real good numbers . One thing I really noticed on this article is the picture . Now I will NEVER accuse any athlete of PED use unless they get popped . But check out rosarios gyno ass nipples in the pic on this article . ...now I know Williams team is super strict vada , but is there a natural reason for an athlete to start gyno in their nipples without taking steroids ??

Comment

Terrible ratings. UFC prelims got nearly three times as many viewers in the important demos. The Seals-Alvarez fight, which nobody cared about, almost matched them in 18-49 viewers. Fox is no longer counting the final segment along with the rest of the broadcast in order to inflate their average so if you were to compare the full telecast they probably had the same amount of viewers in that demographic as the ESPN card. Getting senior citizens to watch your programming is not where you want to be in order to get better advertisers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
          Terrible ratings. UFC prelims got nearly three times as many viewers in the important demos. The Seals-Alvarez fight, which nobody cared about, almost matched them in 18-49 viewers. Fox is no longer counting the final segment along with the rest of the broadcast in order to inflate their average so if you were to compare the full telecast they probably had the same amount of viewers in that demographic as the ESPN card. Getting senior citizens to watch your programming is not where you want to be in order to get better advertisers.
          Not to shabby ratings for a bunch of guys who dont have any drawing power. Ufc gets more ratings on prelims etc becuase of their demographic. Mma fanbase will watch any fight . Boxing fans are ****ed , just browse this board and it's quite obvious haha . Those arent too bad of numbers for a julian William's headliner .

Comment

Well, I couldn't tell you if they were good or bad numbers when you factor in all the variables. What I do know is that I like when boxing gets good ratings and numbers. It doesn't matter if it's ESPN, Fox, DAZN or Showtime. Good ratings for any boxing broadcast is good news for all boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
              The 2nd fight maybe may some casual change the channel , Rating a solid here

Comment

Not a great number, but they had stiff competition going up against the UFC that night albeit the main event started after midnight.

Comment

Originally posted by NORMNEALON View Post
                  Not to shabby ratings for a bunch of guys who dont have any drawing power. Ufc gets more ratings on prelims etc becuase of their demographic. Mma fanbase will watch any fight . Boxing fans are ****ed , just browse this board and it's quite obvious haha . Those arent too bad of numbers for a julian William's headliner .
                  Most boxing “fans” online are not really fans....learn that years ago. Mental patients latch on to boxing for various reasons

Comment

I think the average PPV buyer plans their evening around the PPV. Their buddy shows up for a specific reason and doesn’t care to flipping back and forth to what everyone is saying is a mismatch. So the UFC prelims are tuned into and they stay there. Next time I’ll tell you guys well in advance when there is a live dog so fewer people miss it.

Comment

Working...
                    X